What's a Footer?

Agreed it is uncommon. Bid you open the link?
It is arguably a trem and yes a term rarely used but I have been involved in its use for some time.

maybe construction slag but I can find legal reference.
Bid you open the link?

Robert…

Your link (interpreted and written by an insurance agency) references a North Carolina doc. Read the NC doc directly here… Read Page 4, Section 11, and Page 5, Section 12 … FOOTINGS not FOOTERS… http://www.co.guilford.nc.us/planning_cms/downloads/bulletins/C45_45A_ModularHomesandManufacturedHomesPermit.pdf

http://www.180techtips.com/157.htm

Technology Tip Number 157
Headers and Footers in Word
So what’s a*** header and footer*** and why should you want to know about them? Headers and footers can be found in Microsoft Word. The header usually appears as a text box at the top of every one of your pages and a footer is a text box that appears at the bottom of every one of your pages (see picture to the right). Whatever you put in the header and footer will be repeated on every single page of your document. This could be real handy if you needed to put your name at the top of every page, or the date at the bottom of every page. You can also use headers and footers to number the pages of your document.
You can use headers and footers to put your Word document into the MLA Format. In the MLA format you want to put your last name and the page number on the top of every page of your document.

Yes, I opened the link. As stated previously, the document is from an insurance company, and as such, I wouldn’t expect anything less.

It is not a proper term and it is not “arguable.” Just like “ain’t” is not “arguably” proper. Is it slang? Yes.

Is it normally understood? Yes.

Does that make it right? No.

Notwithstanding my previous statement, I will accept the use of this term from Charlie. After all, he is an Okie, and as everyone knows, Oklahoma is OK :wink:

R u hngry! D eet yet! Du wnt too!

I think I will stop for a Kawphy now.

Thanks all. A good bad habit to stop.
Best regards all.