Whats this pipe and fitting?

Is the fitting Poly? I never saw black water lines. They are under the sinks, hot and cold and looks like 1/2 inch. Are they poly?

100_5871 (Medium) (Small).JPG

Could be PEX, could be Polyethelyne Mark. No markings anywhere?

I did not see any markings on it.

I also have not seen black PEX.

Mark, at least one manufacturer makes black PEX, my second guess would be Poly Ethylene. Without seeing the markings it is just about impossible to tell.



What about the grey fitting?

Looks like an epoxy coated valve

Very Nice…:smiley:

Hey guys… I know what that is… :o :o
It’s cheap plastic plumbing tha was used on mbl homes before and during polybutene…
and the valve is a home depot special plastic retrofit valve… It’s designed to replace the valve designed for the piping. I’ve seen that piping split, and piping come disconnected from the customer installed retro valves cause the home owner didn’t installer the inside plastic or metal fitting properly, and cause more problems than polybutene… back in those days the replacment piping was polybutelene with plastic fittings with alumiumn crimp rings.:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Heck… it’s a good material :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: in the old days I made a heck of money off both of them, poly and that cheap plastic, due to water damaged floors, walls and whole mfg. homes.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Probably Polypropylene Mark, but justa guess. Not really important the valve material, I never call out the valve material on any HI reports.


It may be the same ‘cheap’ shtt that the water company uses!

Watch what you say.