Where the Hells' Aberwhatsit when you need him???

OK Paul,

so now I have your attention what do you know about this SQD panel??

Enquiring minds wish to know :wink:

Regards

Gerry

SQD.jpg

Commonly found in mobile homes, hard to operate and take the cover off, but a good operating panel.

oops I am not Paul.

ACTUALLY…unless I am mistaken what you are looking at is a

Square D Trilliant SDT series circuit breaker panel which is no longer made by Square D. When Square D was taken over by a french company in 1991 they actually stopped making them. Here is a better picture of the breaker that goes in that panel and I do not know of any recall or problem with it…just moved away from the design.

Trillian.jpg

I am not sure of dates, but I have seen it installed as late as 98,99.

Paul, got installed in 1990. It was strange, never seen it before. Had a push button style breaker.

Square D Trilliant SDT series circuit breaker panel which is no longer made by Square D. When Square D was taken over by a french company in 1991 they actually stopped making them. Here is a better picture of the breaker that goes in that panel and I do not know of any recall or problem with it…just moved away from the design.

Trillian.jpg

Its a clean and good looking design, but alot of plastic type material that is easy to crack. Kinda hard to work with, but has no consistent problems or issues that I have heard of. I do like the breaker design and usage though.

Trillian.jpg

Trillian.jpg

Heres some replacement parts and information for you on the Trilliant SDT Series…ironically enough I have never installed one…

http://ecatalog.squared.com/catalog/173S/html/sections/01/SD173%2001-04.html

Heres some replacement parts and information for you on the Trilliant SDT Series…ironically enough I have never installed one…

http://ecatalog.squared.com/catalog/173S/html/sections/01/SD173%2001-04.html

http://ecatalog.squared.com/catalog/173S/html/sections/01/images/SD173%2001-042.jpg

FYI- Just the 15A and 20A replacements are 43.00 and any double poles actually available are upwards of 100.00 a breaker…and IF by chance you had one of these panels and needed a GFCI breaker…try $ 340.00 BUCKS !!!

If anything…leave it or replace it…but EBAY may be the only COST effective way of ever adding to this panel…

Even MORE research for you Sir…

CPSC And Square D Announce Recall Of Surge Arrester

WASHINGTON, D.C.- In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Square D Company of Palatine, Ill., is recalling approximately 4,200 secondary surge arresters used in circuit breaker panel boards. The surge protection device can degrade over time, which could result in fire. Square D is aware of five incidents in which arresters caught fire. Two of these fires caused property damage.

The secondary surge arrester, Cat. No. SDT1175SB, is installed to protect home electrical wiring systems from lightning or power surges. The recalled arresters were designed for use only in Square D Company “Trilliant” brand panel boards, SDT Series 1 Home Power Systems, 100-200 Amperes. The units were installed in circuit breaker panel boards in consumers’ homes by electrical contractors. When viewed from a circuit breaker panel board, the gray plastic surge arrestor measures 2 1/2 inches wide by 3/4 inches high. A small green indicator light is visible on the side of the surge breaker. A label adjacent to the area states: “SURGEBREAKER. Light On (with unit properly installed) - unit is working. Light Off or Flashing - replace unit.”

SO if you see a Trilliant Panel…also check to see if it has one of the units listed above…it was recalled and only used in Trilliant Panels.