Wierd client request

this came to me in my email from a possible clinet odd request your thoughts?

I basically just need professional advice via email on property maintenance of acreage house being rented to tenants. I have following queries:

1. If the tenant has lived in the house for just 2 months, is it very likely that there will not be
    potential damages to the property except normal wear and tear, which will also be rare and the house is very likely to be exactly in the same condition the way it was prior to renting?

2. If the tenant has lived in the house for just 2 months, is it very likely that the basement (though not used by the tenant and no one lives there) will not have major issues of maintenance including moisture accumulation that would need dehumidification daily?

3. Is it true that running two dehumidifiers every day would most probably be required in case of emergency flood situation only if there’s flood in the basement?

4. Is using dehumidifier in the basement optional or is it mandatory to be used? Can the basement be still fine if dehumidifier is not used and especially when no one lives in the basement?

5. If dehumidifier is to be used, running it just once or twice a month is fine to get rid of any moisture problem if there is any? Or is it required to be run every day?

6. Under what circumstances, do you consider the basement to be in serious condition or emergency for moisture related issues that would require immediate attention?

7. How basement can be checked to monitor moisture if there’s any app?

8. How frequently regular house inspection should be conducted? How frequently house needs to be maintained? How frequently the house needs to be inspected for damage?

1 Like

Haha…

Yes, I’m in the business of offering free consultation. I thank you for the opportunity to share my decades of experience at no charge. Here is my careful analysis of your situation.

1. Hire a professional
  2. Hire a professional
  3. Hire a professional
    Etc.
5 Likes

I would respond & ask
So. … …this is about a basement water incident?
Too many questions with no money for you.

Use this response.

Dear Concerned Person,

Thank you for contacting me to utilize my vast knowledge. Unfortunately my crystal ball has broken and since I have helped so many for free I do not have the money to have it fixed. I do apologize I could not help you. If you would like to make a very generous donation to my “Repair My Crystal Ball Savings Fund” please send a check to my business address. Once the crystal ball has been effectively repaired and tested I will contact you with answers.

Sincerely

Daryl Braaten, Seer First Class

9 Likes

i often find that stupid people have stupid money they need to get rid of or as Manny says donate toward the cause

all my contracts/agreements for the past 15 or more yrs state

“the entire report and the inspector named have no extraordinary super- human powers or equipment and are incapable of identifying or revealing any hidden, concealed, or latent defects nor can he recite previous events or predict future events. In the event you require such services I am not the inspector to hire and this agreement shall not be entered into.”

i do my best to reply to the ?s i get

3 to the end of the nonsense request require on site evaluation imo

after that book the inspection & collect the fee

i’ve gotten to old to care what anyone else thinks

2 Likes

Two comments come to mind. 1. SCAMMER 2. Someone trying to set up a lawsuit.
RUN away from this - don’t just Walk away. Don’t get involved.

2 Likes

Lets answer:

1. If the tenant has lived in the house for just 2 months, is it very likely that there will not be
    potential damages to the property except normal wear and tear, which will also be rare and the house is very likely to be exactly in the same condition the way it was prior to renting? If the tenant is a drunken slob with three non-house broken Dobermans, then the house will not be the same
  2. If the tenant has lived in the house for just 2 months, is it very likely that the basement (though not used by the tenant and no one lives there) will not have major issues of maintenance including moisture accumulation that would need dehumidification daily? Moisture comes from many places, occupancy seldom has any bearing unless there is a leak or 3 un-house trained Dobermans
  3. Is it true that running two dehumidifiers every day would most probably be required in case of emergency flood situation only if there’s flood in the basement? Dehumidifiers do not mitigate floods, but thirsty Dobermans may help
  4. Is using dehumidifier in the basement optional or is it mandatory to be used? Can the basement be still fine if dehumidifier is not used and especially when no one lives in the basement? Mandatory only if the Dobermans require it of you
  5. If dehumidifier is to be used, running it just once or twice a month is fine to get rid of any moisture problem if there is any? Or is it required to be run every day? Everyday for every minute for eternity
  6. Under what circumstances, do you consider the basement to be in serious condition or emergency for moisture related issues that would require immediate attention? Dobermans are feeding on a deer carcass in the basement
  7. How basement can be checked to monitor moisture if there’s any app? Yes we have an app for every situation of course
  8. How frequently regular house inspection should be conducted? How frequently house needs to be maintained? How frequently the house needs to be inspected for damage? a home inspection should be conducted daily if not hourly. The home should be maintained every second. If not inspected for damage during the daily or hourly inspection, then it should be inspected for damage momentarily or soon enough
2 Likes