wind mit prices

I live in Volusia county and I want to start doing Wind Mits in January. I know alot of insurance agents , but all I keep hearing is that the prices for one of these inspections is at $75.00… is it even worth it to do them at that price? :shock:

It is all about scheduling and the price is just going lower and lower with idiots adding more and more for free.

Pick a different career. One that pays.

If you start in January you will sure feel different about the biz in July :slight_smile:

I know a home inspector who used to make a fine living doing Wind Mits & Four-Points for $75, but today most insurance offices only refer inspectors at around $60, these things will most likely drop to about $45 before people refuse to do them. I still charge $125 but do very few except in conjunction with a full-home inspection.

There is a guy in my area, 87.50 for either wind mit, four point or both.
There is always a cheaper guy.

There’s a guy in my area that charges $229 for 4 pt.s and $229 for wind mits. or - he gives a price break of $350 for a combined wind mit and 4pt.

I’m guessing the theory is the fewer you do, the less liability you incur, @ $229 I’d have to think the risk is about 0%. :wink:

Are his initials “ST”! :wink:

No, the theory is, why do 10 at 50 bucks when you can do 3 for $200.00 or more?

No. The risk per inspection is the same at $229 as it is at $50. The guy would rather do one at $229 then four at $50. It does appear to be working for him.

I agree completely, but here in Hillsborough County its a tough sell at $125, I haven’t gotten over $200 for one since back in 2003-2004.

You think that’s bad try down here in Southeast Florida where every other person is now qualified to do them :frowning:

I myself am trying to get out of the biz. Wish me luck and maybe there will be one less guy doing them :smiley:

Good Luck!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Every other person may be doing them but that does not mean they are qualified

Hell that don’t matter for squat.

Thanks Eric.

If does when YOU get to go and redo it at $125.00

Have fun. The wind mit biz sucks :slight_smile:
And yes that is now how I currently make most of my income.
Hopefully not for long.
I will leave it to all of you for this next record heat summer :frowning:
I know I missed the boat on making anything substantial off of them.
I am tired of being a laborer and know I cannot do it forever.

What is the average price for a wind mit inspection?

To what extent does the inspector have to go to obtain the proper documentation proof of wind certification. Windows, Doors, Roofing, etc…?

Whatever it is is meaningless, either you are willing to do them for $50 or your not, that is where the market is going for insurance office referred work, I think it is where the contractors are comfortable that no one can beat their price.

I have one booked for tomorrow at $100, I won’t do them for less, same for Four Point.

Mike, whatever you do, do not limit yourself. I see a pattern.

GC doing stucco

HI doing wind mits

seriously, no pun intended.

I do them all day long for 100.oo and if an older property, I suggest and charge another 25.oo for a Roof Cert. I have a group of about 8 Insurance guys that has turned into a great working relationship. I know what they want, they know what to expect from me.
Good addition to HI’s