Wind Mitigation Opening Protection

Doing a wind mitigation for a client. She has all hurricane rated windows and doors all meeting ASTM E1886 and E1996. However the garage windows are the old awning crank windows. Would this throw out the credit. I believe it would because all openings have to be protected, but just wanted to make sure.

I attached a photo.

NO CREDIT FOR YOU. step left :slight_smile:

I am the credit Nazi :slight_smile:

Although around here lately some “may” make it work. Seems like a lot of that happens in the field.

Maybe it really is not an opening but just appears to be one?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The window which at one time had Bahama shutters, but is not protected or rated, gets you an X rating on the form.

And, do not concern yourself with credits.
Simply tell the client, that this window either needs to be rated or protected with a rated shutter for you to change the form.

Thanks Eric just wanted to make sure. It makes sense when I see it in writing. Thanks for the info.

I’m not one of those guys, couldn’t sleep at night knowing I BS the form. I love my job and companies reputation to BS the form just my humble opinion:mrgreen:

Maybe its a time travel hole to wrap you into the future:D

You seem to be a good guy :slight_smile:

I am sure you will do fine and hope I am of help occasionally :slight_smile:

Never underestimate the importance of sleeping well.

If you don’t ask you will never know what others are thinking or why. It is great to have these discussions. For every question posted here there are hundreds looking at the answers. We all may not always agree but we all learn something from each one.

Thanks John, I have only been doing these inspections for a month where you guys have been doing this for years so I look up to you guys when I don’t quite know or unsure of a answer. You guys have been helpful on everything I have asked. I love this message board and proud to be a InterNACHI Member. Thank you for all that has helped:mrgreen:

I guess I know where I stand :slight_smile:

Can’t count you out Michael you helped me a lot.

Ya ya ya always a brides maid :slight_smile:

It is definitely NOT politically correct to ever ever agree with me :slight_smile:

The evil sheep will find out…