Wind mitigation

Hello everyone,
Wow! My first post ever…anywhere. I would like to hear from anyone who can help me better understand page 3 of Florida’s uniform wind mitigation form. Rating the protection factor is not so difficult when you learn where to look for product info, but then you get into a1, a2 then b1, b2 and so on. All I see is what looks like Lawyer garble after that. Is there anyone that can explain it in a simple way that makes sense? Anything that will have my name tied to it for the next 5 years better be accurate! Help me if you can and thanks.

call me tomorrow AFTERNOON and I’ll tell you whatever you want to know. If no answer leave your name and number and I will return call…\Next time post in Florida section for better response :slight_smile:

Todd, I’m sure Mike will help you out. But, may I suggest, if you haven’t already done so, to take one of the many courses offered that better explain this to you. I don’t mean just online courses but rather actual sit down classes that are offered every now and then. Also, as Mike said post in the Florida specific section as well. Good luck!

Bert

Note: This IS the Florida section!

It was moved.

Bert has the correct answer. Opening protection verification is an art, which needs specific training and research practices.

oopsss. Thanks Jeff

Bert

Where can I find out about these classes?

There will be one over in safety harbor on June 19 a day before the FABI seminar

email John Shishilla from Honor Construction. he is an approved instructor and may be able to tell you when the class will be offered next.

John@honorconstruction.com

Bert

The classes list.

Ok thanks.

I don’t teach live classes very much. The Nachi class is out of date, but a great start. On that note, another has asked me to do a video coarse and I may in the future but nothing yet.

www.fabi.com has live classes from

Manny Gonzalez manny985@hotmail.com

and

Jon Tremper http://www.fabi.org/wp-content/uploads/WIND-MIT-REGISTRATION4.pdf

I encourage all Florida inspectors to attend some of the Fabi events

http://www.fabi.org/event-registration/?ee=19

I have been to a couple of their events and the education has been great. Their members are nicer in person than on the message boards:p.

If inspectors are not attending some meetings/conferences each year you are not doing yourself any service. I have always learned many business skills/tricks drinking a few beers with other inspectors. In some cases it has been what not to do. :twisted:

Let me know if I can assist in any other way.

Thanks John. I already took the InterNACHI course and I noticed it was out of date too.