Windmitigation question for Big additions

I have a question for anyone that wants to answer.

I have a wind mitigation that I have to complete. This homeowner put a 5,000 sqft addition on in 2007 which basicly is there new home, but attached it to a 1500 sqft exsiting home which was built in 80’s. The home is located in Hillsborough out side of the HVHZ. My question is does it meet the 2001 building code or is it still prior due to that the smaller part of the house was built in the 80’s. The property records still show it was built in the 80’s.

Bob Hanson
Spotlight Inspections Inc.
CGC 1518324
813-263-8982
3921 Dunaire Dr.
Valrico, Fl. 33596

Robert R Hanson
www.yourinspectionsite.com](http://www.nachi.org/forum/www.yourinspectionsite.com)

1. Building Code: What building code was used to design and build the structure?
I would say the year built qualifies here.

1. **Predominant **Roof Covering: *If the addition is larger than it qualifies.

Most of the others are the weakest form.

But that is just my interpretation

The addition was built in 2007 which is 5,000 sqft and meets the new codes

The old part of the house in the 80’s less than 2,000 sqft not meeting the newer codes.

So marking the proper building code is my question as you said the rest of the questios are based on the weakest form.

Put an addendum and list both, as both are present. Let the underwriter figure it out.

That’s a good idea, I’ll try that
Thanks

Spotlight Inspections Inc.

CGC 1518324

813-263-8982

3921 Dunaire Dr.

Valrico, Fl. 33596

Robert R Hanson

www.yourinspectionsite.com](http://www.nachi.org/forum/www.yourinspectionsite.com)

It would unfortunalty go by the old structure as the wording says, ( the least basic component) It is a bad deal for the home owner.

Bill
Under #1 **Building Code: **What building code was used to design and build the structure? That is all it says.

The house was built with two different building codes, I think I should mark both C. And D.

Bob

Generaly as far as the county is concerned the date of the homes goes to the base building, and the effective date will reflect the updates

I agree with John. Origional portion for year built-pre-2001. Predominant roof covering >50% of total roof covering meets 2001 and adheres to testing criteria listed for #2.

If the property records show it being built in the 80’s that is what you should mark. If you put down that is was permitted after 8/31/1999 it will get kicked back by the underwriter.