Yet another high-ranking employee of the child raping terrorist group resigns.

You belong to both ? :twisted:

Bob, your question about God is off topic. This is a thread about the catholic org. :slight_smile:

b

Bob Bob Bob
Did i say i belong to either? Don’t be like someone else we all cherish;-)

Joe Farsetta, struggling to say something nice about the terrorist org says:

I suppose you’re right. Mostly bad, but not all bad. Al Qaeda, which opposes drug use, burnt down a lot of opium fields in Afghanistan. They’re not all bad either.

Yes, that one adequately took care of any “ho-hum”. :shock:

Yes it is and you should be focusing on the your mis guided religion rather than mine.
I have every right to ask if satan is guiding your pen.

Is he ?

We have dealt with haters and those that despise GOD for countless years on end and in this country came to spotlight when John Kennedy ran for office.

Sinners always focus on us as does the devil for very good reason.

Origins

American Anti-Catholicism has its origins in the Reformation. Because the Reformation was based on an effort to correct what was perceived as the errors and excesses of the Catholic Church, its proponents formed strong positions against the Roman clerical hierarchy in general and the Papacy in particular. These positions were held by most Protestant spokesmen in the colonies, including those from Calvinist, Anglican and Lutheran traditions.
Many of the British colonists, such as the Puritans and Congregationalists, were fleeing religious persecution by the Church of England whose doctrines and modes of worship were firmly rooted in the Roman Church. Because of this, much of early American religious culture exhibited the more extreme anti-Catholic bias of these Protestant denominations. John Tracy Ellis wrote that a “universal anti-Catholic bias was brought to Jamestown in 1607 and vigorously cultivated in all the thirteen colonies from Massachusetts to Georgia.”[5] Colonial charters and laws contained specific proscriptions against Roman Catholics having any political power. Ellis noted that a common hatred of the Roman Catholic Church could bring together Anglican and Puritan clergy and laity despite their many other disagreements.
In 1642, the Colony of Virginia enacted a law prohibiting Catholic settlers. Five years later, a similar statute was enacted by the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
In 1649 the Act of Toleration was passed, where “blasphemy and the calling of opprobrious religious names” became punishable offenses, but it was repealed in 1654 and thus Catholics were outlawed once again. Puritans condemned ten Catholics to death and plundered the property of the Catholic clergy. By 1692, formerly Catholic Maryland overthrew its Government, established the Church of England by law, and forced Catholics to pay heavy taxes towards its support. They were cut off from all participation in politics and additional laws were introduced that outlawed the Mass, the Church’s Sacraments, and Catholic schools.
In 1719, Rhode Island imposed civil restrictions on Catholics.[6]
Pennsylvania became a safe haven for Catholic refugees from Maryland. William Penn had been harassed as a Quaker, and he enacted a broad grant of religious toleration and civil rights to all who believed in God, regardless of their particular denomination. The threat of war between England and France brought about renewed suspicions against Catholics. However, the Quaker government in Pennsylvania refused to be coerced into violating its traditional policies.
John Adams attended a Catholic Mass in Philadelphia one day in 1774. He praised the sermon for teaching civic duty, and enjoyed the music, but ridiculed the rituals engaged in by the parishioners.[7] In 1788, John Jay urged the New York Legislature to require office-holders to renounce the pope and foreign authorities “in all matters ecclesiastical as well as civil,” which included both the Catholic and the Anglican churches.[8]
Once the Revolution was underway and independence was at hand, Virginia, Pennyslvania and Maryland passed acts of religious toleration in 1776.[9]
[edit]19th century

In 1836, Maria Monk’s Awful Disclosures of the Hotel Dieu Nunnery in Montreal was published. It was a great commercial success and is still circulated today by such publishers as Jack Chick. It was discovered to be a fabrication shortly after publication.
[edit]Immigration
Anti-Catholicism reached a peak in the mid nineteenth century when Protestant leaders became alarmed by the heavy influx of Catholic immigrants from Ireland and Germany. Some believed that the Catholic Church was the Whore of Babylon in the Book of Revelation.[10]
In his best-selling book of fiction, A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur’s Court (1889), author Mark Twain indicates his hostility to the Catholic Church.[11] He admitted that he had “…been educated to enmity toward everything that is Catholic.”[12]

Bob, I don’t really discuss religion. Unlike politics, religion is a personal thing IMHO. I believe everyone should be free to believe what they want and practice what they want without being criticized.

What no one is free to do, is to terrorize others or financially support terrorist organizations… free of criticism.

Bob, your post #48 is hilariously short in comparison to the list of crimes against humanity committed by this terrorist org. The list is so long that it fills book after book and continues growing.

Bob, I am travelling down the science trail, there is no higher power that I approve the message of:mrgreen:

And I definitely wouldn’t “bow” down before anyone in a church:twisted:

I don’t discuss religious beliefs. Too personal of a matter. I believe everyone should be free to believe what they want without criticism.

That being said, people who financially support huge terrorist orgs involved in child rape, genocide, human trafficking, torture, murder, pedophilia, and slavery… can’t then complain when smaller terrorist orgs fly planes into their buildings.

It gets even weirder. In my book, there isn’t much difference between an org that flies planes into buildings, killing several thousand innocent people… and an org that in the past decade, systematically mass raped 200,000 innocent children while all along hiding its child-raping employees from justice. They’re both terrorist groups. However, if I donate money to one of them, it’s a crime. If I donate money to the other, it’s a tax deduction. :roll: Go figure.

I do and his name is Jesus.
Sorry you do not feel the same as we shall never meet in that case.
Hope you do not change your mind too late as I will pray you do.

You are free to be hypocritical and obsessed all you wish.
Actually feel sorry for you that your mind is full of such thought.

Certain types of all personalites and disorders are represented in all faiths however fixation on only one is called hate.

God does not wish to control your thoughts or actions as he gives you free will.

You may need to answer for them later on however.

Bob, I totally agree that we will never meet on the other side although I hope for your sake you are right in your beliefs.

Not a doubt in the world.