You better wake up and pay attention...

I would add: at the federal level.

The states where not restricted in this matter.

Wrong, Once again, there is no comparison between one following a christian based religion and one following a Muslim religion. If you think differently, please do more homework on the subject.

You mean like the currency we carry around with us each and every day? IN GOD WE TRUST

No state can pass a law that directly conflicts with a federal law. Federal laws are written to apply in all states.

A state that passes a law that favors one religion over another would be in violation of federal law and those executing it could be arrested and convicted, prior to its being declared unconstitutional.

Every single colony and then all the states applied government money to the teaching of the Bible in the public school systems. They did not believe in forcing the Bible on people as a mandate for citizenship, but did promote it everywhere. This is documented fact. Your totally wrong. I could fill pages with more than just a few proofs. You cannot deny the facts on this.

In recent times, the bible and prayer have been driven out of school and our society, by heathen ideas. The supreme court has Moses and the 10 commandments all over it. Duh.

The supreme court has stated that this is a “Christian nation”. To deny the Christian - Judeo ethics that created this country is to deny historical fact.

You’re missing the point Michael and no this is not a personal moment of weakness.

Please read the qualifications for the office of presidency and the Amendment #1 of the constitution.

Yep. Exactly.

The Muslims “trust” their God, the Christians “trust” their God, and so on and so on.

If you were correct, your coin would read “In Jesus Christ we trust”, which it does not.

Michael

Your getting legalistic. I though we were speaking of personal beliefs

It’s the law of the land

See article 6 of the constitution on religious tests.

in part:
but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Nice spin. you know as well as I do that this country was built on the belief of jehovah god

Was Obama born in this country?

There are some who dispute that but let me ask you:

If that could be proven would not Hillary or the Republicans have already attempted to disqualify him based on that?

Hmmmm?

You better wake up and…9/4/08 12:21 PMIf ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest person around. Why not admit you won’t vote for a black man.
To the moron that left this. I could care less what color a persons skin is. Once you get past the Dr Seuss books and learn to comprehend what adult conversation is about. re-read my post’s. this is about religious beliefs not nationality jackass

One would think, but one does not know in the world of politics!

I know no such thing.

In fact, I know that some Christians (and Jews, as well) reject the name “jehovah” and refer to Him as Yahweh.

For this reason, the word “God” is used to address all references from all religions who worship a god.

I got one calling me a racist as well not to long ago! Guttless if you ask me! Greenie coming your way!

Just discovered I can’t give you a greenie! Oh well I know what you mean!

thanks for the green guys. you know who you are

To anyone who thinks this is about race, gender, or religious affiliation, please pay attention.

It’s about where these candidates want to take this country. Please choose wisely.

It would be nice if the reputation system was changed so that it automatically put in the ID of anyone that submits their disagreement. We have a lot of gutless wonders among us.

Funny how my reds are almost never signed:(