140 HOUR COURSE FOR NEW YORK

Originally Posted By: bmerrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

www.approvedhomeinspectoreducation.com

Call 631-563-7720 if you are interested in being placed on the list. Until the state gives us a Dept. of State Approval Number we will not take 1 penny, and all registrations are not binding until we have DOS approval. Unlike other schools, who are hoping for approvals but still taking fees. We want to guarantee to NACHI membership that the entire program meets NYS guidelines BEFORE it is offered. Don't spend thousands on courses which may or may not ever be approved. Wait to see that they are approved before you invest any money.

I recommend you only take a program if the school can prove to you it has a Dept. of State approval Number, and that includes us as well. That's why we will not collect any money for thise proposed program, until approved. We are looking for an approx. # of students who may wish to attend this program with us. We will post the approval # once received by the Dept. of State. Modules 1,2, 3, 4, 5 and exams have been created, cross referenced to the manuals being used and recently shipped to Albany. We were told we should hear someting within several weeks. Once we hear, we will update you accordingly! Special Thanks to Marsha Spad, Nationally recognized Home Inspection Author and Real Estate Expert in helping us to get this off the ground so quickly. Marsha Spada was present at the viewing of the proposed NY State exam and assisted in submitting multiple questions to the state. She is working with our school and NACHI programs to better these courses.

Once the approval occurs officially, we will also host an accelaerated workshop as well in March which will complete 100 hours (Modules 1,2 ,3 and 4 within 2 weeks... still for $ 1000. This way, even if you have to take the time a rent a motel for 40-75 per night, you are still spending less money than many of our competitors. Our web site at www.merrellinstitute.com via our yellowpages has a link to get the best rate for hotels within 5 miles of our school. We are also within 1 mile of (ISP) LI MacArthur Airport and 1 mile from the Ronkonkoma Train Station. 38 miles from the NY City border.

We will update this site once the approval code is official!

Thanks for allowing me to post this information on the NACHI BB

Thanks again for all your support. I hope this helps fellow NACHI members who want high quality education in a comfortable, corporate style classroom, without spending thousands of dollars for education.

Respectfully Submitted,

Bill Merrell- Loyal NACHI Members, NACHI Volunteer, and proud NACHI Vendor

Was told by the Counsel for the Dept. of State that my experience qualifies as a Licensed Home Inspector Instructor. I am very exciting. I am now waiting for word of the new License for Home Inspectors course.

I am sure that if any modifications are needed, I wil be able to comply and still offer the program. I am excited with what's going on in the industry, the excitement in New York and how NACHI members are working together to help each other. This was especially evident during the chapter meeting this past week when 81 people came together and networked and learned the actual regs for licensing.

If anyone has any NY questions, e-mail me or pm me and I'l be happy to reply.

All the best. I wish all New York NACHI members great successes in 2006- you all deserve it!

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Congratulations Mr. Merrill.

On November 16th, 2005 I signed an agreement with NYS, License Examination Unit, as an Expert Examiner and Consultant agreeing to assist NYS in their testing program for Home Inspectors.

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Originally Posted By: jrivera

Congratulations Bill and John icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Marsha Spada, working with our offices is also an approved consultant for testing. She had to sign the same agreement.