4 point - reinspection

What do some of you charge for a follow up on a 4 point inspection that needs corrections?

I know it depends on location etc.

I usually tell the clients to fix the stuff and then, I’ll do the four-point, when there are significant things wrong.

The same as the first one.

Why would you base your fee on the fees of other inspectors, most of whom will be out of business within 5 years?

The question is, what does it cost you to perform a follow up inspection and how much profit do you need to make to make a living?

Same as first one.

I also give them the citizens electrical or roof form if the problem is one of those and tell them to hire a licensed person and them have them complete it just so they do not think I am finding things wrong just to get to reinspect. Just another reason I believe the insurance companies should have to pay for 4 points. Especially these new asinine ones the companies are making up. God help the inspector that does a normal 4 point and does not ask what insurance company it is for. Anyone know if the State Farm one is in effect?

To my knowledge, State Farm isn’t writing in Fl…yet.

Today was spent reworking the Citizens four-point form. Mainly, because of one line on page three of the form!:wink:
I will be using the Citizens form from now on. :smiley:

Not me only for Citizens. I charge more for them :slight_smile:

Why?
The way I designed the form, it takes less than five minutes to fill it out and send it.

But the inspection info needed is ridiculous for a 4 point. Citizens = SCUM from the top to the bottom.

It is no more ridiculous than any other.

Mine is not ridiculous and worked fine for many years :slight_smile:

That would be a matter of opinion! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I just did a four-point and a wind mit…from my desk! That was fast!

I guess you got the info from a home inspection. I do not believe you to be crooked :slight_smile:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Slick willie junior. I to do that when I think they may wish the other inspections at a later date. It also avoids me looking like I am trying to sell them something. I hate when clients feel that way :slight_smile: