4 point

Does anyone use there own 4point inspection form to these inspections and would you share a sample copy for me to study. Some of these insurance ones are soooooo long to fill out.

Thanks;
Bill
www.billingshomeinspections.com

Bill you have mail, I could not fiqure out how to get the form to go here so I e-mailed it to you. Hope it helps.:neutral:

Hi Charles,

I’m in the same boat. Do you mind sending it to me too. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Charles,

While you are sending the 4 piont how about sending one to me as well!
ahomeinspection1@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
                                                  Curtis Petty

The key to having a successful four point report is to keep it simple. Any report that is to complicated will be returned. I would suggest that you tell clients that have their own form that you have your own and will use it for them to submit. If your form comes back for any reason then you will deal with it at that time. As long as your form is simple and you have the right credentials it should not come back. At least that has been my experience.

Lawrence you have mail.

Curtis you have mail too. Let me know if it is what you wanted or needed.

What is a 4 point inspection?

Kenton;

I believe that is when you make a quick inspection from the outside and look at all four elevations of the house and debate whether you want to go further.!!

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:

I see. So the form has an “N” at the top, an “S” at the bottom, An "E on the left side, and a “W” on the right side, just so you don’t get confused about which direction you’re facing as you make your decision.

Usually the 4-point is four major systems in the home. Foundation, Roof, Hvac, and Electrical. But I’ve seen variations of it depending on the inspector.

What’s the advantage?

I am not doing them yet, so someone else will have to answer that. It seems to me that they are quicker, easier, and less liability since you are limiting the inspection. However, I am sure someone else will have a first hand experience that is more accurate.

I believe Russel Ray did this level of inspection begining last year…but I could be wrong.

Ditto.
By all means report any safety issues, “MAJOR” areas of concern, that’s what the carriers want to know, (along with estimated life expectancies). Simple is best.

Who actually orders 4 Point Inspections? Insurance companies, Mortgage lenders, or ??? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_9_12.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm006YYUS

Wendy,
You are CLOSE! :slight_smile:

Homeowner or buyer usually order the inspections. Insurance agents are kind of like “realtors” , they give out the names of the inspectors (mostly)

The insurance companies are looking for (just to summarize):

PLUMBING - check for leaks and galvanized and/or cast iron pipes
HEATING / A/C - should be operable
ROOF - what is the expected life, leaks, damaged area
ELECTRICAL - check for gfci, unsafe conditions, k&t wiring

Greg is right on, keep it simple, state the age, approximate life span, list of components, some ask for credentials and/or licensing information.

I have created my own (using Adobe Illustrator) 3-part NCR form, have yet to get one kicked back.

Charles, Could you send me a copy of a sample report too.

Thanks,
Adam

One member posted awhile back, (forgot who), the insurance people basically want to know if the house is still standing.
I’m sure that was with tongue firmly planted in cheek. :wink:

I Would Love A Good Form