$8M Lawsuit Mike Holmes Approved

11 Likes

So moral of the story… Next time DR Horton asks me to endorse their neighborhoods I will have to say ‘no’… darn
Oh well, could have been huge! If only my middle name started with ‘R’.

10 Likes

Mike Holmes is what he is and that is a TV actor, producer etc.
G

5 Likes

According to The Holmes Group website, Holmes company inspectors inspect "all Holmes Approved Homes."

Maybe they didn’t use enough “Sledge Hammer Action” during their inspections? :rofl:

5 Likes

?? Is DR Horton connected to this??

haha no, I was just saying next time some big name builder asks me to endorse them, I will have to say no… and so should you!

Watching a recent live “Q&A” in which he answered some easy questions, threw most of us under the bus and promoted his inspection business with half-truths tells me everything I need to know about his integrity. He is a brilliant marketer but many tradespeople I know could eat him alive in a head-to-head competition. I could be the world’s best inspector if I had a team of large contractors on both sides of the camera and could rip open walls and let someone repair them behind me, all while being able to edit and cut scenes.

Sad that he was voted Canada’s second most trusted citizen: the bar must be REALLY low.

6 Likes

Please tell me you’re not Loony Left? Sounds like their MO.

Did “Inspector Joe” do the inspection?

3 Likes

Basically, advertisers can say anything they want as long as the fine print is in place excluding them from any liability. This will likely drag on for years and it is sad.

One lesson here, get an independent home inspection no matter what Mike Holmes says about anything.

4 Likes

Not sure what you mean by that… I was just trying to make a joke…
They want to sue mike holmes because he said they were built well, even though the major issue is foundation problems, which he probably didn’t inspect.
So don’t get caught up in the builders problems

3 Likes

It may have went over some heads the relation of your name in context to the builder you mentioned. I got it the sarcasm. :wink:

4 Likes

That pretty much narrows it down… :stuck_out_tongue:

roll eyes

The LL try to dictate what people do.

Zing! I didn’t catch that if it was his intention.

2 Likes

You mean Hillary? Or Obama?

3 Likes

Yeah, I figured… my bad