A Serious Concern

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have a question which I believe can only be answered by one individual unless, others have the authority to take over .

Nick

What would happen to NACHI if you were to quit or possibly die tomorrow?

Does Joe Hagerty,as president , have his name on the check book,so to speak? Does he have the authority to step up and run NACHI ?

Does Joe F., Jerry B., Chris,or anyone else ?

Who ,If anyone, would assume the reigns ?

Would NACHI just stop existing ?

Please advise !!!

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

If I die, Chris Morrell takes my place on the board by former resolution. He would then presumably hire himself as Executive Director until he could find one to replace me. I don’t have key-employee insurance but he is a named beneficiary on one of my personal life insurance policies. I have worked with him for years and he is quite capable of covering for NACHI in such a crisis.

Nick

Nick

Not knowing much about Chris,other than what I've seen here, does he have the same determination concerning NACHI as you appear to poses?

In your personal opinion, would NACHI continue it's upward trend?

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Gary,

What's on your mind, Buddy?![](upload://qovOi5O6EqSVhaYdrRmEC7GhkVt.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Bob Badger

David it sounds like a hit is in the works.

Bob (AKA iwire)

ECN Discussion Forums

Mike Holt Code Forum

Originally Posted By: dvalley

I’m getting a little worried, Bob!

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Bob Badger

I do not know Nick but looking at his picture I would guess he can take care of himself. icon_cool.gif

Bob (AKA iwire)

ECN Discussion Forums

Mike Holt Code Forum

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Gary,

Not knowing Nick or Chris all that well, I guess we can forgive your paranoia this time but for future reference, Chris is actually the man that gets things done at NACHI while allowing Nick to believe he is actually in charge! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Try to take something for that state of paranoia before it does you harm. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

[quote=“jmyers”]Gary,

Try to take something for that state of paranoia before it does you harm. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe

Let's just call it concern about an organization whose decisions are made by only one individual I truly wanted to know who would be the leader if something were to happen to Nick

Maybe you are becoming paranoid, as my question was for informational purposes only

dvalley wrote:
Gary,

What's on your mind, Buddy?![](upload://qovOi5O6EqSVhaYdrRmEC7GhkVt.gif)

David

Just trying to stay out of the s#!t section and ask a reasonable question I'm not an a$% all the time

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Next to me, Chris has the most ring time at NACHI, runs much of it already, and can be trusted to find someone competent to fill my seat.

Nick

Originally Posted By: rmoore

Maybe we should have Robert Francis and his Spectoscope give Nick a thorough physical examination?

Richard Moore

Rest Assured Inspection Services

Seattle, WA

www.rainspect.com

Originally Posted By: cradan

!!!

![eusa_naughty.gif](upload://nYl3dmRmAIH81yCdH9V96akYnNa.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Gary,

Hmm....me, paranoid?

Maybe. You know what they say about us sane people that live with so many crazy people.

Joe Myers

Joseph

Do you guys now have guidelines for what questions are appropriate to ask ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

In other sections,I note no questions are considered dumb but, it appears other questions make you paranoid or CRAZY

Since I'm the only one to show concern than I must be CRAZY

Sorry I interrupted your peaceful lifestyle and hope you can continue to exist in your perfect world . I'll keep looking for mine

Hey Nick

Any chance the membership would have any input as to your successor ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Note: I did not use the V word ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

CHARACTER IS DOING THE RIGHT THING WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ![icon_exclaim.gif](upload://kW92MliyHA8ygoXI0UsgtBSn4ZO.gif) ![icon_exclaim.gif](upload://kW92MliyHA8ygoXI0UsgtBSn4ZO.gif)

Originally Posted By: chorne

really strange!!

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

What would you classify as strange.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: rfrancis

Richard

Not a problem but for you there would be a surcharge. Would you like a video or 8X10 glossy

--
Bob Francis
Shamrock Home Inspections Inc
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Gary,

No, I always assumed you could ask any question you would like on an open forum and that is how I would like it to stay.

Back to the subject. This topic has actually come up lately with a non members questioning not only the validity of NACHI but also our leaders integrity and sincerity.

I don't think you are crazy for asking the question, I think you are crazy for believing Nick would allow that to happen.

I also happen to think that NACHI is in good hands as Nick would never do anything to harm other people, or our members. NACHI has always been and always will be run by one person. One person that has enough wisdom to create a non voting membership. While some here believe that is the route NACHI should take, I am on the opposite side of that track. Just look at what happens to ASHI members continually, especially with this branding issue and the law suits that have been filed because of it. Do you really want your membership money to pay for law suits?

To my knowledge, Nick does not have to disclose the names that make up the board of directors, nor does he have to disclose any financial information. From a personal standpoint, I would not want to make my checking account public information, although I can understand why a member (notice I intentionally left out non members) would want some kind of financial accountability.

Many members have even pointed in the direction that I am on the BOD, or have some knowledge of the financial position of NACHI. They are dead wrong. I do not serve on the BOD for NACHI, nor do I have any idea of what the income and expenditures are for NACHI. To be totally honest, I really don't want to know I am just too damn busy with my own business and my own family. Here is what I do know, I get my $289 annual dues worth from this organization every year.

BTW....my life is anything but peaceful. Sometimes I feel like I could use a few zolofts myself. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers