age of Nortron electric furnace?

(Paul Hinsperger, CMI) #1

Does anyone know when Nortron made their electric furnaces 21B15 and 21FE15 ?

(Russel Ray) #2

No response from anyone? Well, since I have some stalkers who check on my every post, I'll post here hoping that someone can help us here.

By the way, I would need the serial numbers rather than the model numbers. But I'm sure there are some Preston's people (hereafter, "PP") who can help us. My Preston's was never returned by a former employee, so I'm no longer a PP, and I haven't gotten around to replacing it since I never really liked it or used it much.

Okay, PP's where are you? Help us out here!

(Gerry Beaumont) #3

Hi to all,

Russel, unfortunately Preston's doesn't help here as they don't cover electric furnaces unless they are part of the internal coil of a heat pump.

This appears to be a stand alone Electric furnace

Regards

Gerry

(Russel Ray) #4

Well, darn. What good are PP's then? :margarit:

So if we can get the serial number, I can probably help. I typically don't care if they are gas, electric, or solar. Solar? :margarit:

(Paul Hinsperger, CMI) #5

The furnace is a stand alone unit. There was very limited information on the name plates. There was no serial no. I normaly don't really date the furnaces on a regular HI but I have about 46 of them to date for a property management company. They all fall under the above mentioned model numbers. I tried to find the manuf. on the web but could not locate it.

Perhaps I will see what I can get of the blower motor and assume that the furance date is some what close to the motor componet.

(Gerry Beaumont) #6

Hi to all,

Paul, it appears that Nortron is a brand name of Broan, check this link out :

http://www.broan.ca/product-category.asp?CategoryID=100066

I'd give them a call to see if they can give you the production dates

Regards

Gerry

(David P. Valley) #7

Broan-NuTone Canada Inc.,
1140 Tristar Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5T 1H9

(1-888-882-7626)

(Paul Hinsperger, CMI) #8

Broan eh? Thanks guys.

(Eric McKay, CMI #52362) #9

Reverse the first two digits. 21 is 2012

(John Bowman, Executive Director) #10

Mr. McKay…

You may want to reconsider your posting. The original post was crafted in 2007. I sincerely doubt that they had a 2012 unit.