Aging in place inspections

Hello gentlemen. I am interested to see what the average price is of an aging in place inspection in SWFL? I am ready to start offering that service but need feedback on ball park pricing figures. Do you generally charge similar to home inspection criteria ?

Starting at $499, and I hope you have your insurance in order to cover these inspection types. You know damn well there will be a line of grandchildren ready to sue your arse if anything at all happens to their precious Grandma and Grandpa!

Thank you Jeffrey, good information. That may be especially true with AIP, but then again you could do everything right and there will always be someone ready to sue your arse should things not work in their favor. I will talk to my insurance agent or better yet a lawyer specializing in the field. Thanks again.

I am a CAPS and have no concerns on being sued.
Inspection takes an hour. $250.00

Extra fee if they want a scope of repairs. Then its $400.00 total.

Excellent, thank you Paul.

What is your reporting method? Did you customize a template in your reporting software or do you give them a written assessment along with a computer generated report with the scope of repairs?

Ben, I just call out things to be considered and it depends on how impaired the client is. I had one where I called for a track to be placed on the ceiling so the person could be lifted from her bed and railed over to the bath.

Then there are assisted ramps, non assisted ramps plus handles, sinks and faucets all with specific purposes.

At one time I spoke at trade shows about this and had a table of common tools and fixtures that helped people to choose items to allow self sufficiency. It all depends on your client.

So no, I do not have a specific form. FHA does give me one to use if I want but I just make a document with recommendations using my letterhead.

Ben, I just call out things to be considered and it depends on how impaired the client is. I had one where I called for a track to be placed on the ceiling so the person could be lifted from her bed and railed over to the bath.

Then there are assisted ramps, non assisted ramps plus handles, sinks and faucets all with specific purposes.

At one time I spoke at trade shows about this and had a table of common tools and fixtures that helped people to choose items to allow self sufficiency. It all depends on your client.

So no, I do not have a specific form. FHA does give me one to use if I want but I just make a document with recommendations using my letterhead.

1 Like