American Home Warranty Company

The last several years I been using a 90 day limited warranty from the American Home Warranty Company. In the past I have seen posts in this board about 90 day warranty companies not paying out. I have mentioned AHWC a few times and how they have always paid claims fairly. They have always paid the small few hundred dollar claims, even some I felt they should not have paid. There are a few times they did not pay a claim because the buyer was trying to get something fixed that already noted in the inspection report. I have never had a buyer get mad at me when they did not pay a claim because I guess they knew they was trying to pull one over on the warranty company.
I get a lot of business because buyers like the idea that there is a guarantee that something breaks within 90 days of the inspection, it will be fixed without any money out of their pocket. I like it because I do not have to spend the time explaining to the buyer that a home inspection does not entail inspecting underground sewer lines, etc. The buyers seem to except an explanation from AHWC, better than the home inspector who performed the inspection.
What makes me sing their praises even louder now is they are writing a check to my buyer for $2,000 because the footing on a house I inspected rotated. There was an in-ground line for a gutter that was clogged, when this drought came this summer it caused a void underneath the footing. I sent Randy Mayo over to determine what happened, because I never saw a top of a foundation move over a 1/4 of an inch in just a couple months on a house over 35 years old. After AHWC received the report from Randy, they sent me some emails to verify on what I thought and then announced they were paying the full amount of $2,000.:cool: Attached is the letter, with my client’s info deleted.
I have had several warranty companies approach to get my business. I quiz them in different scenarios on how they would pay out. So far they have failed miserably in comparison. Go here if you want to know more about American Home Warranty. 90 days warranties are good for business, you just got to be with the right company.

So would your company actually paid out on the scenario in the letter posted above?

So if it was my client, they would be in a legal battle trying to recover the foundation repair?

In my case, the buyers could have possibly opened litigation against the previous owners, but I do not want my client to go through all of that. I do not want my warranty company suggesting any litigation against anybody in any terms. I am in a rural area, so we just do not conduct business that way. I just want my warranty company to pay the claim if it says in their policy they have to. Each to his own.

Nathan,
I talked to you three times about this. Once at the convention, once on the phone over a year ago and the other on this board. And you was not the only company I have ever talked to. You kept cutting me off at the convention, when I was asking you about the scenario above, so the conversation was ended. I was trying to tell you that AHWC was paying for things that failed after the inspection that was in their policy, not just items that a home inspection covers. I remember you making the point that AHWC could not sell warranties at the convention. I responded, because maybe they are a true warranty company, thus not being able to sell warranties in Florida.

I have never gotten paid by any vendor, nor got any free products from any vendor, unless through a drawing or a giveaway.

Now you are forgiven for trying to slander me.

Nathan,
I found one of our conversations, please explain why you would possibly pay the claim now but would not pay it before.

What is you eamil address or email me at jbraun@mo.nachi.org .

Buyers can determine if there is a good lawsuit by contacting their attorney. I nor my warranty company should be suggesting anybody being sued period. I have worked in a lot of legal cases. The ones that really win in a legal case are the attorneys. I have noticed by working in these legal cases, that the ones who put the ideal in their head, sometimes get sued themselves. Around my area, when one person gets sued in a real estate transaction, most everybody else gets sued also. That is not for me. I never had a buyer ever sue me. I did have a seller try to sue me, mainly because I found a lot of mold in his basement and the buyer walked. The judge did not even allow the case to be heard and seemed mad that the seller was wasting his time. I remember how long it took to prepare for that case, time I could have made money inspecting homes. Lawsuits are no fun, so that why they should not be suggested by people who do not practice law, in my opinion.

Sent!

You know when you bad mouth a competitor, it makes you look bad? You did that at the Florida convention too. A really a big turn off.

I have inspectors in my area, who I get complaints about all the time. I know some of them have been successfully sued several times. They are not being sued over compliance issues. They are not certified just as the state recommends, nor do they perform a thorough inspection. When somebody does ask me about one of them, you will not see me bad mouth them. I usually just say I perform a different type of inspection then what they perform.
If a warranty company are not compliant in a certain state, turn them in. Do not use it as a selling point. You worked to be complaint, so should they.
My main concern when I agree to somebody services, I want them to follow through with what we agreed upon. I believe you would do that, but what I expect and what you offer appears to be different.
Because you said that a gutter drain in the ground that caused foundation movement was not covered, I choose to stay with AHWC. I have asked you over a year ago about another secenario and your answer was no it was not covered. I kept on giving you chances but your company could not beat AHWC in the payout part. I have to admit your company is better than the rest I talked too.
You are just going to have to live with the fact you have the second best 90 day warranty company.:stuck_out_tongue:

Nathan it is in writting. There is an attached letter to the client in the first post. AHWC has always done what they have said they will do and more.