Ameristar furnace age

Serial # JHTX2063CF9A2B1

Not finding in BIC under
Ameristar
Trane
American standard
Ingersol Rand

Do you have a picture of the whole data plate? Some brands print the date of manufacture separate from the serial number.

https://www.building-center.org/ameristar-hvac-age/

Roy, those number formats do not match the Serial number that Neil posted.

1 Like

Ameristar is currently American Standard. BIC shows as Trane.

1 Like

RunTru was launched as a brand in December 2019 so the date of manufacture is likely to be very recent.
Knowing the unit is less than 4 years old, I don’t know what value there is to determining the exact age in the context of a home inspection.

My guess would be 2020 June, but I would not put that in the report.

1 Like

Agree. Looks fairly new in the photo.

1 Like

I’ve been burnt before by just snapping a photo of the serial. I now take photos of the entire data plate, even if it takes 3 shots due to obstructions.

3 Likes

No date on this unit

if possible, I like to give the MFG date.

1 Like

me too, If I can find it. I think you can feel good about giving it your best shot, even stumped all of us.

1 Like

Please share

1 Like

Honestly, I cannot recall the couple times it happened. And it may have been other brands but for some reason Trane sticks out in my mind. BIC say’s this, and it has been my experience :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Agree, Trane and some others with buyouts and format changes does make it challenging.

I wasn’t sure what you meant by being burned though. Thanks for clarifying.

Not really burned. Just left the job with incomplete information.

1 Like

I had one like this just the other day. The actual serial number for the unit was on the outside of the front cover.