Angi plays the Race To The Bottom card

Find the ad yourself, Einstein. If you can’t find it, they may have already taken it down.

I am a home inspector and commercial inspector too. I won’t work unless I can get the price which I consider reasonable for my thorough- and independent- inspections.

That explains the 3 reviews you earn a year.

Pincushion.

Angis is nothing but an advertisement platform. Google Ads is very similar in certain ways. Home Advisor got my business running in the black in 6 weeks and the business hasn’t stopped since.

Today was my only day off this week and I often turn work away. If you lack the ability to sell your services at a higher price than your competitors you aren’t going to make it at this game and will spend your days posting on this forum.

2 Likes

Your loving defense of Angi’s marketing tactics says it all. Every home inspector can thank people such as you, when they lose out to CHEAP home inspectors promoted by Angi.

Can you list the source of these cheap prices or is this just another unsubstantiated David rant like on other posts?
I’ll be working while you’ll be posting next week. I’m definitely not cheap and have mastered the upsell game.

You must think all home inspectors that are working are cheap. I never post my prices but yesterday was a first floor slab 2 bedroom 2 bath 800sq ft. condo and I charged $389. 1.5 hours and the report was published before I walked out of the door.

No. Just you. You’re probably doing 3 or 4 abbreviated home inspections a day. You don’t really have the time to rant on and on in defense of Angi’s CHEAP INSPECTIONS today. But you must. Bargain-hunters are calling.

I take it back. THAT says it all. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Although I’m sure it was an anomaly, being a small condo, with some upselling in play.

That’s a very high rate for a condo here. It sure beats sitting at home doing nothing and posting on this forum like David does all week :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know inspectors who charge that for a house so this tells me how out of touch you are with running a business.

Liar. I rarely post during the week, Pincushion. Unless I have an injury like I did a month ago.

Same thing here. I used them a couple years ago to get started, and it worked well. After a couple months I had probably paid them a couple thousand dollars, but then I turned the leads off, and been busy since! I still have the account, because sometimes people call me up and say they saw me on home advisor, Even though I haven’t paid for a single lead in a long time.
It’s just annoying having to log in and turn the leads back off again every two weeks…

2 Likes

Good point. It works well for the most inexperienced and inept of home inspectors. But it is a disservice to the customer base, many of whom don’t understand the need for a more qualified home inspector.

Daniel I do the same thing. I still have the account and haven’t needed to use it all year. Folks will select me for a job and I just wait for them to call my phone. Now I don’t need to pay for the lead.

If I get slow I’ll just turn the leads on. I get 75% of all leads coming my way so it’s a cheap investment. The largest multi man (8 inspectors) outfit in my area uses Home Advisor or Angi.

Seems like we’re working while David sits at home on the forum all week :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree, “cheap home inspections” is not the category I would wish to be listed.

But the remainder of your statement about inexperienced or inept home inspectors is broad stroke against anyone who uses a lead service to generate business.

What is the goal of using a lead service? To make the phone ring. When it rings, you have the opportunity to make a sale. To say the sale is 100% dependent on price is ridiculous. When the phone rings, it is an opportunity to educate the customer about price vs quality and convert the call to a sale.

Your opinion out paces reality.

4 Likes

Great reason to use a lead service, it is an opportunity to educate your potential customer and give them an opportunity to have a great inspection.

2 Likes

Most of them who are using a “lead service” are just looking for low price, and especially when the ad says " CHEAP HOME INSPECTIONS". You suffering from brain fog too?

Brain Fog :brain: :flushed: :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

Angi knows they are looking for the cheapest inspectors. Why else would the use the words CHEAP HOME INSPECTION?