Angi plays the Race To The Bottom card

Post the link. I think you Googled “cheap home inspector” to see if “Buyers Home Inspections” still came up as its #1 search result. Just the name alone says discount inspector :rofl:

So that consumer exists. So what? In the history or capitalism, has that “cheap” consumer ever not existed? Do you think Cadillac complains about Camry? Sometimes, it is all one can afford.

Then there is this. The uneducated consumer thinks all home inspections are the same. The word “cheap” gets clicks. From there it is up to you to convert the sale.

If they really want cheap, cheap is what they will get no matter the lead service or referral source.

3 Likes

Here is some information. From the article.

Prices are actually pretty much inline.

1 Like

You Angi-apologists have only won this argument in your own foggy minds. 10 to 1 Angi takes down their CHEAP HOME INSPECTOR ad if they haven’t already done so.

Angi wouldn’t play the CHEAP HOME INSPECTOR card unless they knew that the majority of their audience were looking for the lowest price. It encourages and even induces those inspectors who normally charge more reasonable (higher) prices, to provide a lower fee offer. If he doesn’t land a client after one or two, his next fee offer to the next prospective customer will probably be even lower. Artificially-induced Race To The Bottom, thanks to Angi’s quest for volume and monopoly power.

You make gigantic assumptions.

Maybe we should all join together and price fix. Oh wait, that is illegal.

No, you just don’t see through the fog. If anything, we should all band together against Angi for manipulating (or price-fixing as you call it) a share, and indirectly the whole, of OUR market.

The way some feel about Angi and other marketing methods was the same way ASHI felt about NACHI back in 2003 when I joined. :thinking:

“Those who disrupt their industries change consumer behavior, alter economics, and transform lives.” ~ H. Simmons

This is different. This is the middleman seizing control of the home inspection profession: not unlike the way that the national and local real estate brokeragea are attempting to control it from their venue.

I guess we will see if a lead service seizes anything.

It is Wall Street’s specialty. Angi has already had a negative effect on inspection fees with their Dutch Auction type bidding war between inspectors

No inspector on Angis knows any other inspectors prices.

You make wild assumptions of a service you know nothing about. You have demonstrated over and over that you are ignorant of how home inspectors use this service to access clients.

When you perform home inspections do you report on fact or assumptions?

I have used Home Advisor in the past. I know exactly how they work, Pincushion.

So I guess this is your ad.

2 Likes

No, but this is your sign:

Bottom line is I see no harm in any way a business wants to have access to clients. Some go to the agents, I can’t do that. Some use Google ads.

Monday morning I’ll be back to work inspecting homes for my clients. You’ll be on the forum all day with your covid posts. So who’s the wiser?

1 Like

Thomas Jefferson said something to the effect that most men would never safeguard freedom, because they were too interested in being concubines for corporate interests. I feel as though I’m surrounded by them here. But that is only because 99% of the inspectors are not speaking.

Again, you’re a liar. I told you I was injured and was pretty much sidelined for a month or more when I was posting so much.

Apparently a brain injury…

5 Likes

Very true. Just because I used it does not mean I am “inept”… FAR from it! My reasoning was to start fresh in a new state!
I only landed about 1 in 3 leads that I paid for, which equates to about $100 in fees for every inspection. This is a high price for advertising, but it was the easiest way to get started.
And now 2 of my very best realtors came from those leads. One of which is a broker, and now I have 4 realtors in their office calling me.

2 Likes