Anybody ever come across "strange occurrences" in their exspection?

Of course the simple answer is yes. “Happens every day, every inspection…”

Guess I’m asking about things that make you REALLY think “Hmmm?”

Reason I ask, I did an an inspection today, permission given by the owner to flip the main breaker on for power, which I did. Once inside and doing a walk through through, I flip all the room’s electrical switches on to at least get some lights on.

Long story made short. Upstairs, open loft with an ceiling fan and light fixture. Each operated by to separate switches on the wall.

So get the picture:

Once you get to the top of the loft stairs, double switch plate on the right wall. First switch controls the the loft stair light which is also controlled by a single switch on the main level before you ascend the stairs. The other switch controls the ceiling fan. On the same wall, there is a double window and a single switch located to the left which activate the lights on the ceiling fan. All flipped on and everything is working.

Shutting down the inspection and making sure everything is turned off, I go back through and make sure every light, fan and electrical switch is the same as I found it. When leaving that loft today, I flipped the switch for the lights on the ceiling fan and they turned off. I flipped the ceiling fan switch and it too turned off. Satisfied, I went down to the main level to finish securing the rest of the property. Just happened to look up and yep… the loft ceiling fan and lights were on, even though I saw them go off.

Well, ok then. There has to be other switches somewhere. Nope! Went back up and every switch I used to turn them on and off prior, was not working. Nothing, nada… Lights on and fan running!! Finished the inspection and turned off the main breaker per owner’s request and left.

“Recommend electrical contractor and/or paranormal investigator for further evaluation…”

1 Like

strange occurrences

I’ve performed a few inspections over time… … …
This was a new one for me. On top of the refrigertator there was a sealed container that caught my eye. I did not ask the owner WTF!
Order: Coleoptera ~ YUM!

2 Likes

Maybe he feeds his favorite wild birds live worms? Or fishing bait.

1 Like

Fishing bait, lizard food

1 Like

Do I dare say, A fire breathing lizard?

1 Like

I did an inspection were there was several cages with different types of lizard’s, don’t know what kind didn’t care ish

1 Like

In Florida, You will see just about anything even grandma wearing a g-string. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have a friend who drives truck, he said all the lizard’s hang out at truck stops, he calls them lot lizard’s,

1 Like

Faulty wiring. Note your observation and move on.
Likely wired to the ceiling fan control.

PS: And hope that poltergeist does not move to your home…LOL

1 Like

Don’t know for sure.
Mrs owner told me they are “hippies”. Tons of tie-die thingys on the walls.
Perhaps they are natural food-eaters.

1 Like

Mealy worms for a critter.

I use those for ice fishing :smiley:

One time I hatched and raised my own wax worms, but it’s not really worth it.

Great fishing bait, especially for brown trout.
I use a liquid libation for two legged trout :wink:

Is that like Wax Beans?
Do they live in stuff made out of wax or something?

WaxBeans

1 Like

Galleria Mellonella, they’re a pest, they attack bee colonies and feed on their wax, among other things, thus their name… but fish love them in the winter :smiley:

2 Likes

My chickens love 'em.

1 Like

Uh, huh…LOL!