Are All Florida NACHI guys Fighting This Bill?

Keep sending Brett Rayman letters to have the gov veto this bill. Without a uniform sop it does nothing for the public.

Dear Governor Crist:

From your years as Florida Attorney General and now as our Governor it is apparent that your goal is to protect the citizens of Florida. As a professional member of the Florida home inspection industry, I too seek to protect the consumer when making the single most expensive purchase they are likely to ever undertake, we are on the same team.

Today you are being presented the option to enact home inspector legislation into law here in Florida. At first glance House Bill 1399 and Senate Bill 2234 appear to be a viable way to set standards for the home inspection profession and insure the public will attain some modicum of protection. A true study of the bills provisions though would reveal they are lacking in any language that would set a minimum standard of care to protect the consumer. The bills are deficient in that they have no written Standards of Practice, nor is there any Code of Ethics upon which to guide the home inspector in his duty’s to the public. Furthermore the bill does not provide the consumer any information on what constitutes an inspection or what expectations can be relied upon when an inspection is performed. What really pains me and the majority of home inspectors in Florida is the association who is pushing hard for the passage of this legislation is the very same organizations that allows their members to perform repairs on homes they have inspected, which is clearly recognized as a conflict of interest by all other respected home inspection associations.

If you take the time to truly read this bill you will readily see this bill is not in keeping with the high standards that you have set for your administration and I respectfully request that you veto this legislation. Signing this poorly written legislation that lacks any set of standards into law would give consumers a false hope of protection where none currently exist within the bills.

We know your conviction to the citizens of Florida and your fervent desire to protect them, please send this legislation back to the House and Senate and demand this bill be amended to include language which would truly set Standards of Practice that will protect the public.

“A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.” ~ Thomas Jefferson I think this is the best letter written so far. I am sending it out because we are getting to the wire. The bill will pass. Charlie Crist is our only chance to stop this bad bill. So it only makes sense to keep the e-mails going to all, especially the gov’s office

By the way…thanks to Joe for the letter. It is concise and to the point and makes the case that the bill is lacking what it needs to be considered in the best interest of the public.

Excellent letter, Paul.

Thank Joe for the letter. Here is what I am doing. I am copying and pasting the letter and sending it to everyone asking them to forward it if they are in agreemnet. The time is short so let’s get it done.

send it to me Paul

Send it to me also Paul.

Don I gave you a greenie for helping out

I appreciate that Thanks