As of 11/23/2021 What is needed for the Home Inspection Application

OK, (deep breathe)

I am currently in the process of getting my license since the recent legislation change on (06/01/2021)

Here is the 8 page application w/ $250 Fee

Here is the information on what a Peer Review entails.

Here Is the Step by step FAQ’s regarding the new legislation.

and Here are my thoughts after talking to 2 local guys who have been in the industry over 10 years and decided to retire rather than go through this ridiculous application process.

I am stubborn and I am determined to contribute to keeping contractors, realtors, and other home inspectors accountably for good service. I come from a construction background and 60% of my business was fixing other “professional work”. Columbus is filled with house flippers that are cutting corners, neglecting safety, and taking advantage of the public. I will do what I can to contribute to my community. I know it feels like this new legislation is rigged against independent inspectors, and maybe it is, but that just gets a hotter fire burning in me to stick it to the man.

I have my NHIE (exam) schedule for the end of this month… I’ve paid the fee for that too ($225).

Please check in as often as you would like for updates on the process and what i have learned along the way.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me thus far and for the continued support to come.

Let’s go get em’ boys.

1 Like

Hayden, it would be more informational to more inspectors if you kept us appraised of your progress via this thread.

Many of us are so busy that there is no way for US to keep track of YOUR progress by remembering this thread.

Please keep us informed as you move along in your journey via this thread.

The very best to you.

Larry

4 Likes

Like Larry, said, post your progress here. I would love to hear how you overcome the hurdles placed in front of you. By the sounds of your post, you have the motivation to succeed!

1 Like

Don’t get discouraged Hayden and stick with it and keep us posted. Unfortunately Ohio has a ridiculous process that actually discourages people trying to get a license. That is what happens when you let the Division of Real Estate control the HI licensing, but that’s a rant for another day!