ASHI approves NACHI for cont. educ. credits. Thanks ASHI!

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

ASHI (staff member Jim Jones) graciously approved our free electrical seminar http://www.nachi.org/lielectricalseminar.htm for 8 ASHI continuing education credits.

My sincere appreciation to ASHI.

Thank you gentlemen.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: rcloyd

Nick:

I'm curious. Why do we (NACHI members) care if ASHI approves NACHI courses for continuing education credits or not?

Thanks,

--
Russell G. Cloyd
Intra-Spec Home Inspections
& Code Consulting, LLC
859-586-4591
www.intra-spechomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: lfranklin

Russell, I can’t answer for Nick, but some members belong to both Org.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

When I hold a seminar I want it approved for CE credit by everybody (NACHI, ASHI, NAHI, the state Appraisal Board, and any states around me with licensure (mandatory annual CE). WHY!!

To have more people attend and get more exposure for other events or to make more money!!

Simple Thought. The same should apply to NACHI in some way.

Dan Bowers

Originally Posted By: jpeck

dbowers wrote:
The same should apply to NACHI in some way.

Dan Bowers

Correct.

And when an ASHI Chapter puts on a meeting, NACHI should consider whether or not it also meets NACHI requirements, and issue CEUs for that course.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

Nick:

This is "Great News"

I am looking forward to presenting the June 19 Electrical Seminar in Long Island! I am working on some interesting material, and will come with a message we will all appreciate.

It is simple message of safety and important items related to the electrical inspection process through the eyes of a new Home Inspector (that's me) and how I had to learn how to think like one.

I will also look forward to the June 4, 2004 meeting where I will discuss the electrical inspection process.

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

JerryP wrote:
And when an ASHI Chapter puts on a meeting, NACHI should consider whether or not it also meets NACHI requirements, and issue CEUs for that course.

Jerry, in most cases we allow CE for and courses that are recognised by another association, Nachi education has never played a "political" game over education that would limit the choices of our members. All continuing education courses go through the same screening by the education committee and aprooved or not based soley on content and the qualifications of the lecturer.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Past ASHI/NACHI battles were largely between national headquarters of the associations and with very rare exception… NOT between actual members/inspectors.

The members/inspectors have more sense. I'm glad to see the national associations following their lead.

Our meeting in http://www.nachi.org/greatlakeschapter.htm last night was only a few miles away from ASHI headquarters. Over 80 inspectors attended, and I couldn't have been more warmly welcomed or better treated.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Gerry,

I was not implying that NACHI played that political game, only that NACHI should also give equal consideration to all classes. If that is already being done, then there is no problem. To have that clarified is good.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

This class has not been approved for ASHI education hours. Please submit the required forms (you can get them from ASHI) so that this class can be approved.

You should not market this as an ASHI approved course as it has not been approved for ASHI MRC hours.

ASHI staff did state that they will approve most courses that have education merit, but they need to have a formal approval. ASHI does charge non ASHI members a fee to have a course approved as do the majority of all associations.

Scott Patterson
ASHI National Education Chairman

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Quote:
ASHI does charge non ASHI members a fee to have a course approved as do the majority of all associations.

Can you clarify? Which Associations?

1. NACHI has not charged NHITI for credits.
2. NAHI has not charged NHITI for credits.
3. ASHI....

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Scott Patterson wrote:
This class has not been approved for ASHI education hours. Please submit the required forms (you can get them from ASHI) so that this class can be approved.

You should not market this as an ASHI approved course as it has not been approved for ASHI MRC hours.

ASHI staff did state that they will approve most courses that have education merit, but they need to have a formal approval. ASHI does charge non ASHI members a fee to have a course approved as do the majority of all associations.

Scott Patterson
ASHI National Education Chairman

Scott:

Thank you for the information that ASHI approves courses based on a Service Providers ability to pay them a FEE.

I believe NACHI's position of accepting CEU on the Merits of the Education provided makes more sense.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

The local NY ASHI chapter expressed interest in attending our free 8 hour electrical seminar http://www.nachi.org/lielectricalseminar.htm We cut them a huge break. We are also providing free breakfast and lunch to all regardless of association affiliation.

However, if we have to give ASHI money so that it counts for ASHI members, we'll have to divide that cost up amongst the ASHI members who attend. ASHI member's money would be going straight to ASHI (albeit thru us) for continuing education that ASHI did nothing to initiate.

In other words, we would be acting as ASHI Tax Collectors so that ASHI can charge its own ASHI members money for something NACHI is providing. PUKE!!

This hidden ASHI tax scheme is designed to permit ASHI to bilk its own ASHI members out of their money. We shouldn't help them screw ASHI members.

Nick

PS. ASHI is so Anti-education.