Baseboard Heating????

Sounds like a good place for a ceiling fan, or anti-gravity boots…

but not both

I do not think you can put in a ceiling fan with out damaging some of the heating cables they are close to gether .
Roy Cooke

Well, you’ll just have to go with the anti-gravity boots then. The problem will be nailing your furniture to the ceiling without hitting the wires…

Sorry, the smart-a** in me just comes out some times.

Heat has to have some place to rise to, though. If it has no place to rise to, then it will gradually heat the air below it, and that’s the theory with radiant heating in the ceiling. I have not heard of anyone complaining about their place being too hot from the units below.

Usually all you have to do is remove the light fixture that’s already there and put up the ceiling fan.

No light fixtures in the bed rooms or Living room of the homes I have inspected that have seen Ceiling Radiant heating in .
How about the ones you have done did they have ceiling lighting in them .
Roy Cooke

It’s probably about half and half in my area. In thinking about it, I think the smaller condos rely on switched outlets while the larger condos rely on ceiling fixtures.

The 1800-SF condo out at Pacific Beach a couple of days ago had radiant ceiling and light fixtures. Client was quite impressed with my laser infrared thermometer, especially when I showed him the temperature at the start (72°F) and then an hour later (102°F). He still wasn’t thrilled with the heating system–he said, “Heat rises”–to which I replied, “Yes, but where do you see the air registers on the walls for central heating?” “Just below the ceiling or above the door.” Smart Client.

All right I made it back to the condo in question here and the verdict the two back rooms the ceiling heating works started with a temp of 75 and about and hour later it was at 90. The thermostat only goes to 80 and it was at 80 when the ceiling temp was 90. Now the good stuff the living room and kitchen don’t appear to work. Now I tested the ceiling temp before it was 76 and after an hour it was 76. The thermostat only goes to 75 though and it was at 75. So I opened all the windows to let a breeze through the condo. It is very near the beach so I was able to get a very strong cool breeze into the house and cooled it to 72 at the thermostat. I let it go to see how much it would heat up and yet the ceiling stayed at 76. The key here to me is that in the back bed rooms the ceiling has the original acoustic ceiling. In the living room and kitchen has been scraped and has a new skip trowled texture. So I think during the remodel they probably hit some cables or panels and just went on to cover their work. At least that is my theory. I recommended that they get a professional HVAC person that is familiar in this type of heating to inspect this further. By the way the bedrooms had lights in the ceiling and in the living room the lights are on receptacles.

Thanks Again
Mark

Radiant heating is different then convection heating . Think of the sun it is radiant in the shade the most heat you get is reflected or convection.
The only difficulty I have heard of with radiant heating is sitting at the table your legs and feet can get cold as the ceiling can not radiate the heat through the table .
This is when convection takes over the absorbed in the room warms the air in the room.
Remember radiant heat you can be warm in the sun when it is very cold if there is no wind to remove the heat. same day in the shade you would be cold.
Roy Cooke