Bathtub Floor Faucet?

What is the name of the pipe that houses the water lines for the bathtub and comes out of the floor next to the bathtub?

never seen it done quite like that before…not sure there is a name for that …

Possibly Keeney plastic flange and tube.

31wKPf5QgEL.AC_SY400

2 Likes

The bathtub faucet is attached to the end of this pipe

Similar to this?

41uC27jO2EL.AC_SY400

3 Likes

Floor mount tub faucet…is how I would have reported it without seeing the above link.

3 Likes

Thank you sirs

2 Likes

Agreed! Much easier! :grinning:

1 Like

Whatever it is, It looks like a nonprofessional installation.

It’s called a stand alone faucet. Expensive fixture. Has to be hooked up from below.

1 Like

Morning, Gene.
Hope this posts finds you well.

To answer your question, Domestic potable supply, Pluming: ‘Freestanding Bathtub Risers.’ (Water Supply Risers)
Risers should be sturdy, not weak, capable of supporting horizontal live loads. Bracing is often required. Don’t be afraid to push on the riser from all sides. It should not move.

417.2 Water Supply Riser

OPS CODE: Water supply risers from the shower valve to the shower head outlet, whether exposed or concealed, shall be attached to the structure. The attachment to the structure shall be made by the use of support devices designed for use with the specific piping material or by fittings anchored with screws.

The free standing tub should be fixed in place and not move.

1 Like

Junior has the picture, and it is called a claw tub faucet.

2 Likes

I have had a number of new homes and bathroom remodels where the tub was not secured.

1 Like

Cast iron claw foot tubs are usually not secured to the floor. Sometimes there is a hole in the foot to drive a screw into the subfloor and sometimes there is no means to secure the tub to the floor. It’ll take two men and a little boy to move these monsters. Acrylic tubs need to be secured to the ground.

6 Likes

Just makes me wonder how much they would move with 30+/- gallons of water.
And I am talking only one occupant. LOL
If the water heater can keep up.

2 Likes

wasn’t much of an issue when they weighed as much as a Buick !

3 Likes

I’ve seen 2 holes in the foot to secure it to the floor…quite often up here, Martin.

1 Like

When free standing bath tubs are not secured to the flooring, the drain pipe seal can leak.

What was posted is not attached to the freestanding tub. So it can not leak.

How do you get the water out?

2 Likes