Best roof coating for shingles and roll cap

The one I saw is also used on shingles according to the bucket.

There something else you might take into consideration. Most roof coating are a water based product, where as shingles will be an oil based. Oil and water do not mix, this combination will separate in a very short time.

There is no coating that you can buy in a big box store that is any good.
For flat roofs there is a fantastic product called Sealoflex. I is basically a liquid applied TPO and you can get warranties of 10-15 years. It does have to be installed by a certified installer. I used to use it to seal balconies, as well. When it comes to coating old shingles all you are doing is wasting your money.

b

Thanks,

I may or may not call about it. It is my house and I can have the inspection taken care of.
I am just trolling to see if there are any wonder products out there.

I figure I may get at least 1/2 honest opionins of what guys have encountered if they believe it is for a client and not me.

Thanks again I’ll call you if I decide to take that route.

Mike

Shingle material are not much different than Modified Bitumen, granular surface, the Henry Product I linked is VERY good for low sloped roof, the roof will last forever if coated every five-seven years.

An Elastomeric Sealant with a modifier is what most SPF or Modified Bitumen contractors spray over SPF, in Death Valley anyway.

Probably could Mike.

I have used both Rubber Coat #57 and Silver Seal 300 from Blackjack on flat and pitched roofs at rental properties to give me a few more “intensive care” years. They are cheap and with minimal maintenance they do give you more time. The Silver Seal is typically used on mobile homes, but it can be used on composition roofing. I usually patch cracks with tar and fiberglass mesh, sprinkle some cheap roofing granules and then spread the silver seal. It ain’t for looks, it’s for time.

Coatings on composition roofing are always stop gap measures, but they do work.

I would not certify a coated AS roof covering. I’m not aware of any protocol establishing an installation method; in other words, it is not a standard roofing practice.

Doesn’t it ask “estimated life expectancy”? So estimate!

That is what I was eluding to above. I estimate it will last 3-5 years. Call me next year and I’ll update it.

A point to ponder, if you write a roof cert and give X years and then come back a year or two later and do it again, do not expect the insurance company to accept it a third time.

The hope is by the time that happens John, they will have gotten a new roof.
Here is something else to ponder, I have two friends who live across from each other. Both of their homes have poured in place cement roofs from 1956.
We are on year seven of 3-5 years life remaining.
When they bought their homes, the previous owners had them coated with an elastic/slurry coat mix. They coat it every year. Neither of their roofs have ever leaked and I doubt, they ever will as they show no signs of deterioration.

That is my problem YOU CANNOT PREDICT WHEN A ROOF WILL FAIL !!!

gUESSES ARE ASSININE. tHEy OUGHT TO ASK IS THERE VISIBLE SIGNS OF AN ACTIVE LEAK.

sry bout the caps.

Anything else is a guesstimate.

I do not think they can hang us on it but at least we do not have to say something like I guarantee it will last …

System sucks but nothing can be done about it. at least we probably cannot get nailed for estimating and it not happening according to our guess.