Best software for home inspectors

hello everyone im in the process of doing my courses to become a home inspector…one thing i would like to know is what is the best software to use. would like to be able to use home computer and app of phone if possible…id rather not pay a’lot but if i do want it to be worth it,thanks

most all software has some kind of trial. Home Inspector pro is good. has lots of built in narratives. it is a one time purchase unless you want mobile access or the office access. You can find it on inspector outlet.

as a nachi member you will get a $150.00 discount.

there are much cheaper options, but they are not so good.

1 Like

I use Tap Inspect. Check out all the free trial options and find what fits for you, they are all different and we al report and inspect in different ways.

2 Likes

Welcome Chad! The magnifying glass (search option) at the top right of the page is a great tool. Just type in your thread title and MANY other threads will show regarding this topic.

3 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Chad!…Enjoy, the water is warm, most of the time! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a great one. It seems like there is no free alternatives to it.

1 Like

Speaking from experience, I would highly recommend checking out Spectora straight out of the gate. Yes it is pricey - but you really do get what you pay for as the old saying goes. It is way more than just inspection software - it also handles Agreements including electronic signatures, emails/texts for messaging for appointments, calendaring, services, fees, even credit card payments processing. I wish I would have gone straight to Spectora instead of trying the cheaper route that I did - time savings alone would have been worth it.

3 Likes

Agree 100%. And in reality, it is very much in-line with the others on price. Some of the others show a lower base price but then have extra fees for the additional add-ons that come packaged with Spectora.

3 Likes

iv messed around with that one price was the problem i was facing but your right on what all it can do and so far its prob what ill be going for…ill take any other info you can give me…thanks again

1 Like

I second this, not because I’m the biased (owner of Spectora, duh), but because I genuinely believe we save inspectors the most time, help them make more money, have reports that agents/clients love and innovate the most by a mile. We have 65 hard working people that support over 8,000 hard working inspectors and we thrive on feedback and listening to the community.

That’s all, we’d love to help you upgrade the tools you work with everyday.

2 Likes