Yep, that is what I did today, was fix one.
This is a Department Store building that was sold and in 6 months I converted to Yep, Village Candle Manufacturing Plant 10 Years ago.
This is where the buckle was and the chore to remove the boards.
Here I have got all the boards removed and relieved.
Look at these boards I stacked on edge.
This was the cause of the buckle. Out of all these boards in the picture, only one of them showed evidence of staples to hold them down. Nothing at all in the others.
When the retail store had problems during the raining season we had, the humidity level in the wood rose to 20% and relieved itself at the weakest link.
Five hours later I was done with the replacement of the boards. Monday I will go back and sand it down and poly the red oak patch. It should darken close to the exisiting but will not be a match due to the age difference.
Protecting all the candles in the retail store around the work area is painfull. ha. ha.
Next post for picture of the interior of the shop to give you an idea.
Hope some enjoy.