I am planning a basement bar in my finished basement and have some electrical questions before submitting my plans for permits. A little info about the design:
The sink I am installing is on a peninsula island connected to a wall that is roughly 40" by 10’. There is more than 12" from the back of the sink to the edge so it should count as a single island. The whole island is 36" high (there is no back-splash area or higher bar elevation.)
I am also installing a small beverage fridge and a larger wine fridge (160 bottle).
Finally, there is an 1/3 hp utility sink pump that requires a 15 amp GFCI outlet.
- Do I need to have receptacles every 2’ on the peninsula island or can I just have one on the wall and on the end of the opposite (long) side of the bar?
- Do the receptacle outlets have to be on a dedicated 20 amp circuit or can they be on a 15 amp circuit?
- Can the two fridges be on a single, dedicated 20 amp circuit or do they have to be on separate circuits?
- Does the utility pump have to be on it’s own circuit or can it be on the receptacle circuit?
- Lastly, there is a opening behind some drywall next to a structural i-beam that would make it easy to pull wire from the panel board without creating a lot of holes in the drywall. Can I pull wire through open space if it is in some type of metal conduit or does all electrical wire have to go through studs/floor boards?
Any help is appreciated!