Can't attend my LIVE seminar?

Not all home inspectors make it. Not all vendors make it.

IMO, the “seminar” bit has failed to catch on because it is run independently of the chapters. Instructors with courses who book them through chapters, in conjunction with chapter meetings and events, seem to have fewer cancelations.

lol…they dont suck for me Wendy…I have seminars now going on for the electrical industry which is my actual gig…I signed some large deals with (2) major companies that have me traveling around the country training electricians and service industry electricians…

So I am plenty busy…lol…In the end my true love and passion is Electrical…and possibly while I was venturing into helping HI’s with seminars…it was only a sideline…my training to electrical contractors and so on is ramping up strong which is another reason I had to cancel…I will be out of town.

Can I sign up for one of the real seminars? :wink:

These I do are for Electricians Only…sorry

10,000 HI’s can’t know all the electrical stuff going on in homes; just look at the questions on the electrical forum!!! I taught electrical labs in university, wired for 3 years under a certified electrician, have been a home inspector for 23 years…I’ve been thinking of joining one of the online seminars when I have enough time (which hasn’t been lately!). The price is cheap, cheap cheap!!

Don’t give up, Paul. I’d be asking where everyone is also.

HI’s should not trust their local “go to” electrician that much unless they know that they are passionate about the trade and their knowledge of it. Examples:

4 weeks ago: a recently renovated home was not purchased in a private sale by friends of mine due to the electrical. The renovators…an electrician and his wife!!! During the inspection, she phoned him across the country 3 times. (I’m in Halifax, Nova Scotia; he was working in northern Alberta at the huge oilsands project there. Note: Canada now has the second largest petroleum reserves in the world)

Last night: inspected an electrician’s home in another private sale where both sides know each other…kept biting my lip thropughout!!!
-Fuse rejector rings removed and 20, 25,30 amp fuses in use.
-One newer wire has no box connector
-couple of double tapped terminals
-could not get plate covering service conductors and terminals off due to carpentry work
-panel not fully labelled
-Broken pull-outs for cartridge fuses
-junctions made outside boxes
-no grommets for wires going through steel studs in one exposed wall; at the top plate, a hole was punched through leaving a very jagged edge with the wire starting to be cut
-wires not stapled properly
-insulation stuffed in electrical boxes on outside walls
-no 3-way switching for lights at a stairwell (8-9 steps)
-60% aluminum single strand #12 with no remedial work done
-rear doorbell button did not work
-Smoke detectors were not line voltage and interconnected
-shut of fswitch for oil furnace and water heater not moved as required due to chnage of entry door to mechanical room.

I REMAIN!!!

OK…let me set this record straight because I got an e-mail with someone saying I am whinning about not getting enough members to sign up to the online seminar…LOOK I do live seminars…this was only a trial thing to help those who possibly missed out on the recent cancellations…

I am not in the least upset…I have plenty of things going on with my plate…notice I have well…been away a bit…we are swamped…

I signed a deal to represent Eaton Manufacturing ( Cutler Hammer ) around the country for Contractor Training Seminars…and I have another deal in the works…trust me I am not in the least upset…lol…releaved actually…

Anyway…we gave it a shot…it flopped…no biggie…teaching HI’s is not my main Gig…I only did it because I was 1.) Asked and 2.) Felt I was helping and 3.) It paid a little for my time away from home…but not enough to make it my full time job…get real…I am a electrical contractor…and electrical trade speaker so branching into working with HI’s just fit since I happen to be one also…BUT…again the online one was only a trial thing…we tried…it Fluttered…Sputtered and Cluttered to no where…no biggie…lol

Heck as many have said…if you can’t get your answers on this board from the fine folks like Gerry, Marc, Jeff, Greg, Peter, Mike, …heck I forget how many electricians we have here now…lol…and it’s all GOOD…feels like HOME to me…:slight_smile:

Anyway…was only a test guys…the only thing I am giving UP is the online thing…and focusing more on my trade seminars…nothing more…:slight_smile: