Cant decide between the Fluke or Flir cams..

I am looking to purchase either a Flir B2 or the Fluke TIR1. Both are close in price and specs. Anyone have suggestions. It’s for building diagnostics.

Hi Marc,

I would be happy to explain the differences in the 2 cameras plus let you know what else FLIR offers in that price range. The B2 is an older system that we still sell, but we do have some newer systems. Please send me an email at steve.chisholm@flir.com or give me a call at 978-901-8866.

Steve Chisholm
Inside Sales Manager - Thermography

FLIR Systems, Inc
25 Esquire Rd
N Billerica, MA 01862 USA

Direct: 978 901 8866 | Fax: 978 901 8881 | Email: steve.chisholm@flir.com
www.flir.com

Marc,

As you can see by the lack of responses to your question it is a personal decision that only you can make. You have to do the comparison yourself and make the choice based on a multitude of factors. Camera users all have their reasons why they chose the camera that they purchase.
Price alone should not be the deciding factor.
Sorry I can’t be more specific, but ease of use, software to do reports, are factors that need to weigh in to your decision also.

I have a 2006 FLIR B2 FOR SALE with a 45 degree lens. its in excellent condition almost like new… I’m asking $ 4,200.00 for it. with a hard case / software. Books
I’m the 2ND owner.
You can email me and I can send you more information.

These are some Images from this FLIR B2.
Has all the alarms with 160X120 RES With 320X240 Disply…
The 45 Degree lens is a must for any kind of home inspection work.
ronofexcellence@earthlink.net

Best

Ron

IR_0088.jpg

IR_0087.jpg

Call www.InspectorOutlet.com Nobody can touch their pricing.

Ron, does that lens allow you to see the display while aiming the camera at a ceiling or does it do something else?

If I understand your Q. yes. What you see is what you get…

Best

Ron

I looked it up, it comes with a 34 deg lens and yours is upgraded to a 45 deg.

questions:
Do you have the other lens too?
what was the orig retail price?

Bruce The guy I got the camera off of paid $ 12K for it New. He had it for just over a year or so. This november will be 2 years for me.

See the photo of the camera and the 9mm Lens… I do not have any other lens for the camera. With the 45 Degree lens you can image a complete door from 10 feet or so top to bottom. Thats what is so nice about the 45 Degree lens. working an interior room is very easy with it…

Best

Ron

HPIM2770.JPG

I had a conversation with the COE of our county’s electrical provider, today, and he was talking about energy audits.

I asked him about the use of IR cameras for this purpose, and he laughed.

He said that there are possibly 10 days out of the year when the conditions were right…concerning indoor, outdoor, ambient temperatures…for the accurate use of such things, but that was about it.

He said that those who are in the business evaluating and responding to energy audits pay little attention to reports that base themselves on this technology and always will insist on some other testing to backup IR data.

Soulds like he understands everything -X No way will he open his mind. Kinda like stuck in his own mud bog…

He is what it is. All yoiu can do with some one like that is walk away…

Best

Ron

My Grandpa was convienced that buying a VHS was a waist of money because Beta Max was going to be the standard, due to its smaller tape size.

Your mind works best like a parachute…when it is open.

Jason Kaylor – JJ
VP of Specialty Products
877/207-1244
AC Tool Supply](http://www.aikencolon.com/)
Fluke Thermal Imagers
Testo Infrared Cameras
HotShot Hi-Rez Infrared Cameras
Fluke TiR1 Resources](http://www.fluketir1.com/)
FLIR B60 Resources](IBOX99 : Situs Slot Online Gacor Hari ini. Gampang Maxwin & Viral RTP 95% Gacor Di Sini.)
Retrotec Duct & Blower Door](IBOX99 : Situs Slot Online Gacor Hari ini. Gampang Maxwin & Viral RTP 95% Gacor Di Sini.)

Throw the B60 and TiR2 in that mix as well, Marc. Buying an IR camera without a warranty could be a dangerous proposition.

The 54mm lens is telephoto and the 10mm(or 10.5mm) lens is for wide angle. For the most part the 54mm lens would not be used nearly as much (if at all) compared to the wide angle lens for building envelope.

Jason Kaylor – JJ
VP of Specialty Products
877/207-1244
Fluke Thermal Imagers
Testo Infrared Cameras
FLIR B60 Resources](IBOX99 : Situs Slot Online Gacor Hari ini. Gampang Maxwin & Viral RTP 95% Gacor Di Sini.)
Retrotec Duct & Blower Door](IBOX99 : Situs Slot Online Gacor Hari ini. Gampang Maxwin & Viral RTP 95% Gacor Di Sini.)

I don’t known about the Fluke cameras but the FLIR Cameras are built like a MACK Truck…

I got my FLIR B2 camera without a warranty Never needed it.

In fact i don’t think that any of the guys on this board have ever posted any problems with any FLIR Camera…

Best

Ron

That “flashlight” design by FLIR is very rugged. The Ti series by Fluke is extremely tough as well. The new Testo 880 series has a magnesium frame and part of the external case is metal of some sort.

Outside of those three designs I would really give any camera a good once over for potential problems for toughness. Some potential toughness issues are pretty obvious when you look at the camera.

Jason Kaylor – JJ
VP of Specialty Products
877/207-1244
Fluke Thermal Imagers
Testo Infrared Cameras

Yea, James I’m sure you believe “everything” someone tells you!

I imagine he recommends a window fan and a cigarette…

I use TiR1 and like it. Using it it a one-handed operation including being able to annotate the shot.

I accepted the lack of removable battery which I would have liked. But at the time I could get this camera at a significant (more then a 1000) less then comparable Flir.

But as others will tell you a Flir is a good unit as well. Frankly at the level of both companies it’s a bit like deciding whose better looking between 2 pretty women. One’s blonde and one’s a red head. I’ve looked extensively at both and from a practical use point of view I don’t see a large difference.