Carrying Concealed Weapon - CCW Permits - Any Home Inspectors have them in California

Some of you sound like you are trying to pry the gun out of Charlestons’ cold dead hands.

Thanks for the reminder, I need to renew.

Here’s a good example of why agents, inspectors should be cautious.

Agents murdered

Another

Just remember, it can happen to anyone, anywhere.

Of course I was joking. I use to have a job where I had to carry. These days there are so many a**holes out there I wish CW permits were legal in all 50 states. I know if I went into a area where I didn’t feel safe I would call the client and tell them I was in the hospital and couldn’t do the inspection. Some things just aren’t worth a few hundred bucks. If I had a cw permit (not avalible in IL.) I’d keep a little something in my tool bag for sure.:slight_smile:

I love my DayTimer . . .
http://www.desantisholster.com/n15.html

Sorry about that Mark. I get kind of bent when people make light of it…I mean you are from Illinois and all…it could have gone either way! ;):mrgreen:

Russell, one of my carry guns is a 26. Do you find it more conveniant to carry in that fashion? It is definitely more concealed, but not always on your side. I’m interested in first hand experiences so that I can discuss different carry options when I start teaching the CCW class here in MO.

I agree about it being dangerous no matter what the homes are going for. I was at a home this past winter, in a nicer area of town, homes were averaging 500-700K. 2 guys had previously broke the back sliding door of the home I was in so they could return and steal the appliances, they returned when I was in the back of the home. I was able to get out of the house and call the police, they showed up 45 minutes later. This is the incident that convinced me I needed protection. I now have a CCW permit.

I just bought the Belly Band from Magills, I like it, it is a nice option for women. Our pants (well, mine at least) tend to fit more snug, and there isnt a lot of room in the waistband for a holster. The belly band can rest anywhere on the torso. You can also check out a product they carry called Thunderwear. (Its not underwear, its Thunderwear)

I also have a holster pouch for the 5-11 vest I wear at inspections, (Thanks to Russell for introducing me to the 5 11 Tach vest)

but not always on your side.

Andy, look closely-

Contoured paddle hugs nicely at 4 o’clock or wherever.
And, it can be canted nicely, in either direction.
I’m thinking about having a shoe repair sew in a couple penholders on the ext, to make it even more innocent . . .

Glad to have helped!

Also known for ankle, IWB, SOB, pocket, etc depending on season & destination.

I ended up with a Glock 9mm - the G19. I like it. :slight_smile:

Cool.
Double stack with Cor-Bons, & you’re good to go . . .

I guess I didn’t read close enought the first time. That is a handy little holster. I mostly carry on my ankle because my shirt is tucked, but with one of those, it wouldn’t matter. Everybody carries PDA’s and stuff nowadays so you probably don’t even get a funny look. I’m too fat to carry IWB, and I have to admit, carrying a Glock loose in my pocket makes me a little nervous, I still do it occasionally if it’s warranted.

Good choice on the 19 Cheryl, I have one of those as well. Got it the month after I turned 21, too many years ago. :smiley:

Insufficient clearance around retaining wall for IWB in most cases here, too:( . . .
KT 380 in pocket, has a serious DA. Not likely to contribute to soprano singing.
Can’t say same for Glock. I don’t care who says what, the only safety with them is your common sense. They are good candidates for the DayTimer, fanny pack, etc.

Always carry here in Florida. It’s crazy out there.

I carry this http://www.artofthehide.com/images/MVC-015F.JPG in my back right pocket where I’d normally carry my wallet. Keep my wallet in my front pocket. Nice element of surprise feature built in if someone asks you for your wallet.:wink:

Looks like a turtle mated with a .32! :slight_smile:

What kind of gun is that? First time I have ever seen a wallet gun…:wink:

Hides that Kel-Tec 3AT (.380) quite well. It’s my favorite carry when heavier hardware is cumbersome.

Ruger has a very similar one out now, Miss Elsie Pea (LCP), in 380, also. an ounce or 2 heavier.

I would never carry a gun any time. :wink:

I do have some ocean front property here in Colorado to sell. Would you like some?

Okay, I have a question for the HI’s that do CCW. How often do you carry, do you carry only when you are in a REPO home with unknown areas, all homes, when shopping, only when not posted no concealed weapons, etc.