Carson Dunlop for Al berta Inspectors

As for course approval, the Alberta government only recently provided an application. That application is very long and detailed. It is going to require information from our Board, our attorneys and our accountant. We’ve only had it for 6 business days. I’ll let you know when we’ve completed and mailed it.

Most Alberta members patience has run out over minced words, and most seem to be going the CD direction, nothing gained nothing lost. its all good. we Albertans are a funny bunch, manipulate us and we lose trust quick, so be it, I heard some of the mufti inspector firms are recommending,
that every one takes the CD ,just in case of a fall out, it`s a brave new world.

I may have also been guilty of not clarifying when I’m talking about the four different components:

• Associations (which have no part in Alberta legislation).
  • Schools (such as Inspect4U and SAIT).
  • Courses (such as InterNACHI’s and CD’s).
  • Professional designations (such as CMI & RHI).

Inachi offers a lot of bang for the buck, most admit that, beyond that HI`s will take there Gov approved training where they feel is best for them.

Christopher:

Nick tries really hard to explain as clearly as possible. I sometimes don’t get my message across the way I want either. Nick wants you to understand that by going on the message board to try to clarify things is not easy to do. He never uses trickery in anything he does. He does not deceive anyone and he sticks to his guns when someone attacks him.
Look what happens when someone puts codes into the picture of home inspection. I have even seen many mistakes made by the AHJs. Do I blame them for not getting all the facts right? No! Everything they see is in books and everything we see is in video. See the difference.:frowning:
What we see is the surface of InterNachi. Nick sees the whole picture.:smiley:

To Kevin, this argument has jumped from one thread to another, still ongoing, there is opinions on both sides of the fence on this matter, post 22 is my final opinion on this matter , time to move forward based on what`s approved. thanks.

I agree with you Chris, time to move on. I will not be posting any more comments on this matter. Everyone has a right to there own opion and I beleive I have expressed mine. Catch you all in the forum, using it for what it was intended for, education.

Anyone who believes that one can become a competent home inspector by spending a few thousand dollars for a week long training course is outright dumb or highly illusionary. There is not one trade around which can be taught or leaned in a few weeks.

But there are countless unscrupulous home inspectors - turned course providers - around, who are claiming that one can easily learn to earn tens of thousands of dollars in this business after a few days of training. One self-appointed educator even advertises that he is issuing a CAHPI recognized *“Certificate” after one week of training - and that he treats all pupils to a free “Farewell Brunch” *in a well-known restaurant for the $2,995.00 tuition charged.

Even though I have never seen eye to eye with my biggest competitors Carson & Dunlop - their developed training courses however - even if not perfect - are at least preparing students for a realistic chance to compete in the marketplace or to become licensed.

RUDOLF REUSSE

Rudolf wrote:

And then people wonder why I have a concern with association executives also serving as executives of associations.

"But there are countless unscrupulous home inspectors - turned course providers - around, who are claiming that one can easily learn to earn tens of thousands of dollars in this business after a few days of training."

You are absolutely correct Rudolf.