We're proctoring required exams on Sept 13 at Mayfield Inn in Edmonton.

Details coming tomorrow.

We will wait and see. Thanks

About bloody time. Nick I hope tomorrow you have the list of approved courses the test is going to be set on.
We need to know so that we can study for the test.

any chance of Red Deer location, meet in the middle, thanks.

Vern, the approved course list is here: www.nachi.org/alberta.htm

BTW: I’m only doing this once, because I promised the government that InterNACHI’s HQ would run the first exam proctoring day. They are coming to observe and tweak if need be.

After this though, you guys are on your own and the AB Chapter will need to offer this to future license applicants for a fee. InterNACHI HQ does not want a cut.

I don’t see a course list here???

Not sure what I can do to help you with that. It’s there.

Really?? This is what I get…

Government of Alberta approves InterNACHI’s program for licensing of home inspectors.

InterNACHI is pleased to announce that its online course program has been approved by the government of Alberta, Canada for the licensing of home inspectors and has been listed on the Service Alberta government website.

Applicants will have to complete InterNACHI’s free, online inspection courses from the comfort of their own homes (see curriculum below) and take two comprehensive proctored exams (being offered in Alberta soon). Each exam is 250 questions and applicants can take (write) one exam in the morning, stop for a lunch break, then take (write) one exam in the afternoon.

InterNACHI only recently received informal approval (see emails below) on August 11, 2011, so we don’t have all the details and logistics in place yet, but we will in the next coming days.

4:22 PM August 11, 20011
[INDENT]I will send a formal letter confirming the approval and attaching some basic conditions.
Consider yourself approved.

Scott

4:52 PM August 11, 20011

When they apply we’ll need them to attach their certificate from InterNACHI.
Scott

[/INDENT]

Return to this page for more information in the next few days or visit our message board thread regarding the licensing of home inspectors in Alberta and InterNACHI’s approval.

Note: The regulation grandfathers Certified Master Inspectors® (CMI). For those who qualify, becoming a Certified Master Inspector® is probably a simpler way to acquire a license.

Keep scrolling down. You’re almost there.

ok got it now… thanks

You can now register to take the required exams at the Mayfield Inn in Edmonton from here: http://www.nachi.org/alberta.htm

The exams are $100 each ($200 total). Bring a photo I.D. such as a driver’s license or passport. You may take the exams back to back on September 13, 2011.

For more details visit http://www.nachi.org/alberta.htm

No it’s not or else it’s hidden. Nick go to the link and tell me you can see it.
I’ve clicked on every link at that location and there is no list of courses.

this is the list , correct me If I am wrong, thanks

1. 4 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Safe Practices for the Home Inspector course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  2. 5 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  3. 8 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Residential Plumbing Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  4. 4 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Residential Electrical Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within, and pass its final exam.
  5. 4 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Roofing Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  6. 12 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online HVAC Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  7. 4 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Structural Issues course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  8. 16 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Exterior Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  9. 4 hours: Completer InterNACHI’s online Communication and Customer Service for Inspectors course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  10. 14 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  11. 3 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Deck Inspections course (free), including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  12. 8 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Moisture Intrusion Inspection course (free), including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  13. 8 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Green Building course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  14. 12 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Wood-Destroying Organisms course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  15. 12 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Mold Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  16. 3 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  17. 8 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Log Home Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  18. 12 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Radon Measurement Service Provider course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  19. 8 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Commercial Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  20. 16 hours: Complete InterNACHI/NACHI.TV’s online Advanced HVAC Training for Inspectors video course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  21. 16 hours: Complete InterNACHI/NACHI.TV’s online Advanced Stucco & EIFS Inspection Training video course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  22. 3 hours: Complete InterNACHI’s online Introduction to InterNACHI’s Residential Standards of Practice course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  23. 3 hours: Complete InterNACHI/NACHI.TV’s online Advanced Inspection of Crawlspaces video course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  24. 5 hours: Complete InterNACHI/NACHI.TV’s online Building Science and Infrared Thermography video course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  25. 2 hours: Complete InterNACHI/NACHI.TV’s online Performing a Home Energy Audit video course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  26. 4 hours: Complete InterNACHI/NACHI.TV’s online Home Inspection Fundamentals: The Exterior video course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  27. 4 hours: Complete InterNACHI/NACHI.TV’s online Inspecting Water Heater Tanks video course (free), including all quizzes and pass its final exam.

I’m coming up to Alberta to be help everyone successfully take the exams.

We’ll take (write) one exam in the morning, stop for a lunch break, then take (write) one exam in the afternoon.

We’ve got a nice room.

I’ll bring a bunch of inspection marketing and business giveaways.

Applicants will have to complete InterNACHI’s free, online inspection courses from the comfort of their own homes (curriculum) and take two comprehensive proctored exams (being offered in Edmonton on September 13, 2011).

**Register now - http://www.nachi.org/alberta.htm
See you there!

Ben:

That is awesome to here that you will help. I believe this will add to the
Credentials of the InterNachi Association and I wish I could be there to help you make it run smoothly.:smiley:
You should have pictures or You tube set up for education purposes on how this should be run in other areas.
I hope all those needing a license pass with flying colors and it makes an impact on the way things should be done!

Inspectors are already registering for these exams. Get in now. Limited seating.

I’m in! Still need a couple of courses though. For those that have not completed all the required courses can they still take the proctured exam and then complete the online courses? I know I will be complete.

Yes, but InterNACHI won’t issue your completion cert until you knock them out.

That is reasonable.