CE for Illinois

Originally Posted By: rboyer
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Looking to get some of my CE up to date over winter months, what courses is NACHI providing for Illinos member s?

We need more than 2 electrcal courses. Anything else out there I didn’t see?

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Ron,

If you are interested in helping us get more courses approved for CE in Illinois, contact Aimee Jalowsky!!

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

How about the NACHI Convention. Four days worth of Continuing Education.

Originally Posted By: ekartal3

John,

You are implying that if Ron attends the NACHI convention that it will satisfy his Illinois license CE requirements. Are you sure about that or is this attendence bait?

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: ksitzes

There are NO NACHI Convention courses approved for CE in Illinois.

Thank you, I have been online and asked NACHI that question by email with no response. I am very interesetd in Florida but would like to get some CE that is required out of my investment, help us out NACHI and Aimee!

Step forward and help us out, Ron!

Blaine,

I have been in contact with Chicago chapter and they are trying to get qualified courses. What do you need from me?

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

business training courses which can be submitted for State approval.

The Chicagoland area, People's Energy course began today.......fellow Inspectors are already indicating this to be an overwhelming success. In fact we ran out of room and had to turn down some who wanted to attend these courses.

Originally Posted By: cradan

(Quality Education Group, Inc. - Instructor Steve Preins)

www.illinoisnahi.org (NAHI - certain monthly Chapter meetings offer State-Approved CE’s for NAHI members and non-members)

www.home-inspect.com (Inspection Training Associates, local office/classroom facility in Glen Ellyn)

www.nicashi.com (ASHI - certain monthly Chapter meetings offer State-Approved CE’s for members and non-members)

These are some "local" resources for Illinois-approved CE's

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

ekartal3 wrote:
John,
You are implying that if Ron attends the NACHI convention that it will satisfy his Illinois license CE requirements. Are you sure about that or is this attendence bait?

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

I don't see State approved CE's mentioned at all in his original post. Did i miss something.

Plumbing 101 and How a Plumber Inspects Plumbing will both be taught by Kenny Hart at the convention, and both courses are approved for IL CE.

Originally Posted By: ksitzes

Quote:
Plumbing 101 and How a Plumber Inspects Plumbing will both be taught by Kenny Hart at the convention, and both courses are approved for IL CE.

Are you sure? An if they are then it need to be posted on the Convention page. An how many HRS. have been approved . It would be nice so the inspector would know ahead of time this my help them decide to come. Instead of them going to other Convention for the CEU they need.

All,

Yes, we're sure.

The convention education is for NACHI and our requirements. We are more than happy when it also counts toward your state's requirements as well.

Perhaps we should add an english course too! ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Originally Posted By: psabados

Quote:
Are you sure?

Yes, we are sure, thats why these particular sessions was posted here. Kenny Hart, the instructor has performed sessions for other organizations and has these classes as state approved. We're are currrently compiling a few other sessions to be added to the list. By the time we are completed, there should be approximately 24 hrs of total education approvals for the State of Illinois along with the 16 hr Radon Measurement Certification course provided by RCTA.

Illinois is not the only state that submittals and approvals are being applied for. As they come back to us we will be posting that info.

Paul

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Do we have confirmation yet on what covnetion course are approved for Illinois CE? need to get plans made for Feb.

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

As of this date…None

Originally Posted By: jkormos

A link to the state of Illinois approved CE providers

http://www.idfpr.com/DPR/RE/HICEProviders.asp

Joe

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

To date, no courses at the convention are accepted for Illinois credits. We are awaiting course id numbers from Kenny Hart to verify their acceptance.

Otherwise, there are currently 4 courses in line to be submitted to Ill and more on the way. There is virtually no way to know if they will be approved in time to make plans to attend the Convention. I urge you all from Illinois to remember the state only requires 12 CE's per twenty-four month license.
As a NACHI member, you are required 24 per calendar year. I would make your reservations for the 2006 Annual Convention based on that. NACHI has already been accepted as a Continuing Education Provider for Illinois, and I see no reason the courses submitted will not be approved.

Aimee

That is great you are approved for CE licnesing but with Florid only 2 months away why have they not been apporved yet?

I would like to get NACHI and ILL credit when I take CE

We need more right here in Nortehrn ILL area, I know local members in Chicago are triying but they are frustrated also.