Chicago Chapter Education Evaluation of Masonry Buildings

Evaluation of Masonry Residential Buildings

November 19th, 2009 6:00 PM
This course will cover the methodologies for inspecting masonry (masonry structure or masonry veneer) houses and and condominium buildings. This is and increasingly important topic given the recent (last 3 years) increase in problems with water intrusion problems with brick and split faced block buildings. The class will review the issues involved, the building science, the various construction techniques and how to find problems and better serve your client.
3 hours of Illinois State CE, 3 hours of InterNACHI CE
Best Western
4400 Frontage Rd
Hillside IL 60162
P-708-544-9300

The course will be offered on a first-come, first served basis and registration at the door cannot be guaranteed, given space constraints.

NACHI members will be required to provide their NACHI membership number before the course.
Pay pal provides a space for messages. Please enter you NACHI membership number in this space.

For questions about payment or registration:
or contact: Dale Bennett, (312) 351-5784

If you want to branch out, beyond pre-purchase inspections, and get into consulting (single family homes, condo associations, etc), this is a great course. There is also a thermal imaging and mold tie-in.

Last winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) I had only 3 regular home inspections, but did a large number of these consultations. Kept me in business and greatly aided my revenue flow.

Hope this helps;

Seat’s are filling up!

A new market is opening up. Contractors (licensed, well trained and professional) who are looking for HIs that have experience with this type of problem. They have been calling me, and a few other inspectors who I know, looking for an evaluation of the property BEFORE they start the work.

Also. many condo associations (especially the split faced block ones) are hiring me to evaluate their water problems.

This problem will continue to be big, in this area. I wrote this course, based upon the professional paper I presented at the ITC Thermographer’s convention, and expanded it. But, truth be told, these problems are so wide spread and obvious that you really don’t need an IR camera, just a good water meter and some information.

This course will provide you with it and get you more business.

Hope this helps;