Citizens Roof Certification Form

The roof I am speaking about is an older flat roll type roof with an recent elastormaric coating… No recent permits, can’t see the roof material, no active leaks (at the time of inspection) slight ponding… guestimitate the rool type material at 5-10 years? Guestimate the life remaining at less than 5? I do not think the client is going to get any discounts or maybe even an increase in rates?

There is a post somewhere in these forums that says what they must get “life remaining” to KEEP their insurance.

None of that should have anything to do with your price. Beat the best deal you can find and it should make them happy and you should be happy as well since most of the work is already done. You must include at least 2 photos showing the condition of the roof.

3yrs

The roof certificate has nothing to do with discounts.

Mike,

Why does he have to beat the lowest price. It is this mentality that gives our professional a less than professional image. What you may or may not understand is that we are also accepting liability exposure when we generate a report. That liability exposure has a value that we should be compensated for. So what if the work is already done. That is actually irrelevant. You seem to think like a day laborer in terms of an hourly rate - rather than as a business owner. No offense intended- but until we starting thinking in terms of a business owner - rather than in hourly rates- we will continue to be treated as day laborers.

Steve you are off base yet again.

He said:
I just got a call asking for the roof form on an inspection I did last month… What to charge the client? … for info I already have and to just fill out the form? 25-50-75$ any input from anyone?

It seemed to me by his tone he was looking to take care of a previous customer but wanted to get what it was worth. My suggestion was something that he and his client would both be happy with.

I guess he could milk the poor sap for all he could then when the client did a little research he would be sure not to use Michael again but that is just my opinion.

I try to take care of repeat customers when I can if travel is not an issue.

For the record I have been a buisness owner since around 1990 how about you?

[FONT=SymbolMT][size=2]The latest Citizens Roof Conditions Form (CIT RCF-1) form has the following requirements for eligible inspectors:

• [/size][/FONT][FONT=Arial][size=2]A Florida licensed general, residential, building, or roofing contractor;
[/size][/FONT][FONT=SymbolMT][size=2]• [/size][/FONT][FONT=Arial][size=2]A licensed building inspector;
[/size][/FONT][FONT=SymbolMT][size=2]• [/size][/FONT][FONT=Arial][size=2]A registered architect;
[/size][/FONT][FONT=SymbolMT][size=2]• [/size][/FONT][FONT=Arial][size=2]An engineer in the State of Florida; or
[/size][/FONT][FONT=SymbolMT][size=2]• [/size][/FONT][FONT=Arial][size=2]A building code official (who is duly authorized by the State of Florida or its county’s municipalities
to verify building code compliance).

I had an non-citizens agent tell a past client that they will not accept a licensed home inspector signature on this form. Not sure if there is a plan to update this form in the future, hard to argue the point otherwise.

[/size][/FONT]

Thanks for posting that Greg,
I am in a simillar situation on two four points I did last week and Citizens wants a roofing contractor to sign condition certificates. I think I’ll sign them and see what happens.
Best Regards,
John Miller
PRP Home Inspections
DeLand
HI 352

I asked the agent and her reply was “I’m doing his homeowners insurance and we need a Citizens roof certification form. I spoke with a Citizens underwriter after our phone conversation – she advised form needs to be filled out by a licensed contractor or inspector – has to be a Florida state license (not ACHI, FABI or ASHI) – hope that info helps. Thanks for your help.”

Michael, We as Home Inspector are now licensed by the state. I think this is a form that Nick is going to have to take a look at and fight again. I can not see why an experiensed inspector can fill this form out. My two cents…

Jose shame on you…It makes sense…its a goverment form…the two never go together!

The actual official word…
Is that when we perform the four Point …. if we take the two roof level photos - as required of the roof cert- then our Four Point will satisfy the needs of an additional Roof Cert.
Citizens as yet are not accepting the Roof cert from Home Inspectors - licensed or not.
If you have done them recently and independently - they just haven’t been rejected yet.

But official approval IS coming…and it will be in writing and WILL be official.
Zoe

You are rigth Russel what am I thinking I should know better… Not easy I tell you my friend