Cleaning my tool shed and found a relic

Found this on the top shelve in the shed that was long forgotten I even had it. Been in the shed for at least 30 years and belonged to my father back in the 50’s.
I will need to refurbish it a bit.

25 Likes

when You get that one cleaned up You can work on mine partner, It could use a little work…

2 Likes

This is what so called “craftsmen” use today :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Hell, you got a new model. Me and grandpa use this.

6 Likes

That is old Bob. What year does that go back too?

Brian, this is what is used today and the last two decades.

2 Likes

Before I was born.
confused-animated-smiley
30’s, 40’s maybe? (John Deere is a little more recent)

2 Likes

If you can’t plug it in or put gas in it I don’t want to play with it.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with the old one you found. That combined with a good coping saw, good work can be done.

2 Likes

I have a tool if you need to make the molding you want to miter.
IMG_0427 (1)

4 Likes

You’ve got a gem there Marcel!

I cleaned mine up, polished it, had it sharpened, slicked it up and sold it at a garage sale 5, or so, years ago for $1,200.00. :+1:

6 Likes

No one around here would pay that kind of money. Like Bob said above, if it don’t plug in or use gas, they won’t touch it. I can’t even sell this 1970 Rockwell for $15.

2 Likes

They don’t make them like that anymore either. Internal motor grounded to the steel case probably so you can get zapped when cutting wet wood. I had a similar saw from the late 60s, don’t recall the brand, but you had to wear gloves when cutting anything with a higher moisture content or you’d get bit when you pulled the trigger. LOL.

2 Likes

You definitely needed a grounded extention cord, but when the cord got wet, you still got sapped. No GFI’s back then either. Plug it in and go. Also had those 14/2 with ground flat extension cords.

2 Likes

had an old commercial 8" about threw me off a roof once, cutting in vents off of jacks and planks, as I recall I chucked it a good distance off the peak of that roof…

4 Likes

Used to drop them in a hurry, that is for sure.

I have several all metal case drills, including a 220v all metal two handed monster. Plastic is so much lighter, of course the batteries keep getting heavier! LOL

2 Likes

Bob, those big ones were arm breakers when they bound up, they kept turning after you let go the switch.

2 Likes

Got one in my shed also. Still works and I am pretty fast with it. But I am an old fart.

Hell, send it to Larry and spit the profit :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign:

2 Likes