CLICK on your STATE to find out where our new radio ads will be running.

To heck with the radio ads…send in the jets with napalm.

The napalm would give a nice glow to the sun coming up over the Gulf of Mexico on the way work.:slight_smile:

I understand that we are very short on specifics here, but is there any info on the duration and frequency of the ads?

What is the purpose and goal of the ad campaign?

If it is just a one day splash to try to raise awareness of Realtors, then specific info is vital to ensure they are listening at the right time.

If it is to raise general awareness of the concept, then a more prolonged campaign (generally 2 weeks is considered an absolute minimum) with a high frequency rate is needed. Having used radio advertising in Philly previously, I found that 4 weeks of ads, in an on/off/on/off pattern produced the best results. Advertising on the local news only station was far more effective than other stations, especially music stations, as people expect to get info in that format and tend not to change the cahannel at commercials because they are waiting for traffic or weather, etc.

The ad rates were comparable to cable tv where we could target a specific market by channels, but the super-regionalization of their ads made it impractical.

Nick,

You have the incorrect info. posted for Massachusetts.

It reads…
Playing in 2 markets: Boston (Manchester), Springfield-Holyoke

Well, Boston is in Massachusetts and Manchester is in New Hampshire. Why is Manchester in parenthesis ?

The markets don’t necessarily match exact locations. Tallahassee is listed under Georgia because of its location near the border. I guess that in terms of market reach the Tallahassee stations that we’ll be advertising on will be heard by more people in GA than FL. The same explanation is for Boston. Manchester is only 50 miles away from Boston, and I imagine they share a lot of radio stations. You have to think of them as radio markets, not as actual locations.

There’s our little ray of sunshine! :mrgreen:

*It may be a ray of sunshine. But then what will I do for that extra cash:( *

Probably not…one of Clear Channel’s biggest markets nationally is Cincinnati and the ad is not being run in this area.

Cincinnati is also Ohio’s second largest area in population, but therethere a smaller markets that will air the ad.

It would be nice to know who will run the ads. If nothing else, we could record it ourselves to send to the agents.

Sooooo…

Either no one has the info to answer the questions posed by many here, or there is no info to share?

To recap the Q’s I recall reading here:
What is the goal of the campaign?
What is the purpose of the commercial?
What is the duration of the ad runs?
What is the concentration of play (how many per day)?
What company is being used (Clear Channel, etc?)

Just looking for info (since this has been announced and locations identified I assume that some info is available)

It has many purposes. One of the primary ones is to support NACHI members who are giving presentations to real estate offices. In the past some real estate agents have resisted seller inspections because they saw no marketing benefit in it. Furthermore the various instructions they had to give to prospective clients to download and view different inspector’s reports generated by different reporting software and hosted on different websites made the whole thing a mess.

However, *Move In Certified *(just the name in and of itself) on a sign in the front yard of a home for sale is a marketing tool REALTORs can appreciate. Move In Certified says it all.

And because it uses FetchReport technology, the download and view instructions are simple and uniform, regardless of the home, the inspector, or the software used to generate the report.

Trust me… you put a big Move In Certified sign in the yard of a home for sale… the seller and listing agent of the home for sale down the street will want want from you too. And guess who’s report (an actual sample of the product you produce) all the buyers (serious potential clients about to need a home inspector) will be looking at??? YOURS!

Mr. Decker the last time I checked, Springfield and Champaign is toward center of the state,
And Cape Girard is in Missouri. (Or did you mean Cape Girardeau Missouri?)

Paducah is in Kentucky but just over the Southern Illinois border. I am sure the stations are heard in that area. I was surprised not to see Peoria, Illinois on the list.
Randy

Nick, was that a response to the Q’s I listed?

I was not looking for a sales pitch on the program, just some concrete facts in response to the questions I and others had asked. (start and end dates for the run, duration, frequency, channels, company being used, etc).

If the goal is to raise awareness of Realtors, then there are more defined and less expensive ways to target that audence, so I would surmise that the true goal must be reaching a larger audience. To that end, since you raised the point, does the commercial make a special point to Realtors, or are you simply looking to capture them by virtue of the fact that they are a part of the audience.

Any info with relation to the other questions would be great.

Joe: Raising awareness of REALTORs (directly) is not a main purpose. See post #31

I did. The first sentance reads:

It offers no specifics as to how an ad targeting the general population will support anyone giving a presentation to Realtors. If, for example, it will be run in high saturation or for extended duration - long enough to raise brand name recognitiojn - then that is the kind of info I was seeking.

If it is simply inteded to be a hit and run splash, then that is useful info, too.

Timing for inspectors who wish to maximize the impact of this is absolutlely critical to translating a radio ad into real success. Presentations given near the end of the run and immediately after the run are likely to have the greatest impact.

If is a short run, then maximizing attention of the target audience (Realtors)to the brief duration is key.

More specifics would be very helpful.

Joe writes

Bingo. That is key.

As for additional purposes, about 1/2 of the “general population” is either an inspector, real estate agent, home seller, home buyer, or personally involved/related to someone who is one of the aforementioned.

It is so refreshing to run a home inspection radio ad that will relate to more of a market than just consumers about to hire a home inspector.

OK - so we are looking at a short run ad?

First I have to get the sign problem resolved. I found a company today that will do them for us nationally using 3mm Colorplast on Vutek with H sticks. Chris started making the 300 DPI Vector Art but while doing so decided to try a few different colors, so we might end up with a couple choices in signs.

Then we’ll… well… let’s just say I’m glad we own www.nachi.org/agentdata.htm We’ve been updating all the mailing addresses.