Completing the InterNACHI Home Inspector Certificate Program

Good morning,

Seeking feedback on how long it typically takes to complete the InterNACHI Home Inspector Certificate Program?

Thanks

1 Like

It really just depends on how many hours a day you put in. I’m about 2/3 through and it’s been a few months. I am taking it slow though. I think realistically a month would be about the quickest.

1 Like

Great question…My answer would be is this.
Remember its all at your own pace based on your academic abilities to understand and retain what you are learning…Keep in mind though…For students who enroll in the Home Inspector Certificate Program, by completing the program prerequisites and do not complete the entire of the program within twelve months of signing the enrollment agreement, the student will be withdrawn from the program and will need to re-enroll. Also, students who do not complete an online course within twelve months of logging into the course will be withdrawn from the course and will need to re-enroll, repeating the entire course. So pacing yourself is a good idea. But keep in mind that there is time restraints.

In my situation I took it upon myself to be a full time student in this endeavor…I was fortunate to be in a place in my life to make such a decision…I invested 6 hrs a day from January of this year to this month when I completed all the requirements and received my certificate of completion…5 months…Now all I need to do is to maintain my focus on performing Quality Home Inspections which includes my reports, and my CE credits…

Your personal lifestyle, work schedule and other lifestyle factors will surely play a role in how long it will take you…So set your goals and strategically work towards them…

2 Likes

Thank you, Brett

1 Like

Thank you, Michael
Much appreciated

It gets addicting. My plan was to take a whole year, but once I got going I felt the desire to speed things up. Lots of good information if you’re really engaged by this line of work.

2 Likes

Helpful hints for New Inspectors.pdf (230.1 KB)
Here’s some things you won’t learn in school…good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, Brett!

1 Like

Thanks, Ted!
Appreciate that!

I am also about 2/3 way through. I am trying to complete as quickly as possible. Becoming InterNACHI certified is HIGH on my priority list.
TC

Welcome to our forum, Theresa!..Enjoy! :smile:

Well, to be honest it only took me a weekend. Most of it I knew already and I was certified through another entity, but I felt here they offered much more. I also got certified for 4 point inspection, wind mitigation and quite a few other things. Now I am just coasting and taking the practice test and reading a book and probably will test in a couple weeks.

It really depends on your ability to retain information and learn specifics and I have always been one to learn thing very quickly.

I had no intention of taking the course. I was doing some cruising to find out what I could about the possibility that my house was making my family members sick. Getting into it, and then having to shelter in place, for 8 weeks, just for grins, I decided to take the course, and completed it in about (6) weeks, at the rate of 2,3, at most 4 hours a day. Then I took Healthy Home, Air Quality, Energy Efficiency, a bunch of stuff. Then, just for the fun of it, i decided to take the NHIE, and studied up a bit more, and took the test today in fact, and passed. It was interesting. I’m interested in air quality, sick house, air balance, energy efficiency. I doubt I ever practice professionally. It was all for fun, and to alleviate boredom.

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Joe!..Enjoy! :smile: