Canadian Legislation

Originally Posted By: rwand
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

It may be a good idea to have a Topic Thread entitled Canadian Legislation.

I rec'd a private email from the spokesperson of CAHPI that stated, and I quote:

If you do find a way to speak with your handlers at NACHI, tell them to start packing their bags, because after the special events and announcements to be made at the CAHPI Conference in Niagara Falls, NACHI will be irrelevant in Canada.

Nice talk from the spokesperson of CAHPI. I guess Mr. Fontana MP (Federal Minister of Housing and Member of Parliment) should be made aware of this veiled threat. The statement certainly seems to be bias, a threat, and totally without warrant. Nachi members in Canada should be very concerned about this statement and the ramifications implied.

Raymond Wand R.H.I.
Alton, On

![](upload://jXNhOr3nMzHRXX7yazgSzpKku9B.gif)

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Looks like you just started a Canadian Licensing thread! icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Wayne

Every Canadian Inspector should be concerned. It is frightening to think that this mentality even exists, let alone someone would admit to it and state it given their position. Not a good indication where things are headed up here.

Yes I support licensing given the weight of the statement from the CAHPI spokesperson.

Raymond Wand R.H.I.

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

Greetings Raymond: I am concerned about this as a statement of fact. Did it come from the Mike G. - the current President? Is this an approved statement and position of the CAHPI Board of Directors?

Its the first I am hearing about it. So I would not put a lot of faith in just one persons personal opinion. Or is it just intended to rattle you.

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Claude

I have already stated it came via private email, and was made by the Spokesperson for CAHPI.

It appears someone has much explaining to do given their position. It is in my opinion a widely held view within CAHPI by certain individuals who hold positions of power. This is not the first time bold statements have been made which foster distrust.

Too bad, personally this person should be removed from his position for such a statement. It also backs up my contention their is colusion and bias.

Cheers,

Raymond Wand R.H.I.
Alton, ON

A By-law relating generally to the conduct of the affairs of the

CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF HOME AND PROPERTY INSPECTORS

Quote:
Article 2 MISSION AND OBJECTS
The mission and objects of the Corporation include:
(1) representing and promoting the interests of Canadian home and property inspectors /provincial/regional organizations and their individual members;
(2) establishing and maintaining the status of the professional home and property inspectors with consumers, all levels of government, all stakeholders across Canada and all associated agencies and
professionals across Canada;
(3) establishing and maintaining a national standard for education, certification and professional practice for home and property inspectors across Canada;
(4) supporting programs that are beneficial to Canadian home and property inspector provincial/regional organizations and their individual members; and
(5) enabling transferability of certification within all Canadian Home and Property Inspector provincial/regional organizations.

It most certainly seems that the by-laws of CAHPI tell a different story. Maybe a good idea if some read them, they seem to be at odds with the "spokespersons."

Raymond Wand R.H.I.
Alton, ON

Originally Posted By: gluck

Maybe I am just living off the beaten path but this whole C.A.P.H.I. intitiative seems to be happening behind closed doors. How can a programme that is supposed to embrace all inspectors be conducted so?

What exactly is going on?

I hear of lists of C.A.P.H.I. approved ( certified?) inspectors going out to local realtors with the admonition of " use of non approved inspectors will expose agents to action through the courts" ( my words)

I hear of announcements to be made at a mystery C.A.P.H.I. convention somewhere in Ontario that will threaten the existence of N.A.C.H.I.

Will somebody who knows please enlightened the great unwashed?

Paranoid in Lansdowne

--
Hi! I have a university degree. You want fries with that?
Dominion Home Inspectors
domspec.net

George

I have said this before and I will repeat it. Any dealings with CAHPI should and must be done through Mr. Mike Guihan President of CAHPI. It appears that there is a conflict between the information flowing from CAHPI President, the by-laws and the spokesperson for CAHPI.

Fwiw.

Raymond Wand R.H.I.
Alton, ON

Thanks Ray.

But shouldn’t this information be flowing freely from C.A.P.H.I. without individual inspectors having to dig for it? I’m no dentist! Where is the example of C.A.P.H.I. as a representative of several government and private agencies, openly sharing information with members and non members alike?

Enquiring minds etc

--
Dominion Home Inspectors
domspec.net

Hi George,

I don't have all the answers, but from what we know and have seen it most certainly appears to be confusing. Contradictory information seems to be the norm and falsities seem to be the norm by some so-called players who by their very positions are in the know. It would seem that the CAHPI by-laws are in contradiction with what is being said by the spokesperson, and for that matter it would seem even Claude is confused. If they live upto their by-laws and objectives the info should be flowing, but it appears to be colusion to hinder keeping Nachi members in the loop. On the other hand the info is not flowing to Oahi members either. What is even more amazing is that many Oahi members are Nachi members which raises a whole other issue.

Cheers
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

Quote:
I rec'd a private email from the spokesperson of CAHPI that stated, and I quote:
- so I am in a quandary of who would step outside of the committee or be on the CAHPI-BOD representing such an "official" position.

--

Originally Posted By: rcooke

Raymond Thanks for the info .

I expect it came from BM he has been blowing his horn for a long time he and George Webb keep accusing me of Lying and cheating to get my RHI which he and others think is great .

They both know I did not and do not cheat.

He has proven many times he exaggerates BIG Time.

He has posted many slanderous letters about other inspectors to the point his word just about is useless.

Well you know my opinion of this RHI . It is no value . I let mine go never to get it back .

If it is so much value why do so many give it up .

No increase in RHI’s over the last few years. BM can do what ever he wishes at their fall conference.

There is no way that the Government can ignore the biggest and best Home Inspection Association in Ontario (NACHI)

It is known that NACHI has more inspectors who have been in the business for more then three years then OAHI has.

NACHI has done and continues to do for the home inspection industry then any other association

Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Hi Claude

The by-laws spell out what CAHPI's mission and objectives are, words such as "all stake holders", "representing", "promoting" suggests that CAHPI is inclusive, not exclusive as the spokesperson seems to think. And you are correct the by-laws do not spell out legislation or exclusion, but again the spokesperson seems to be suggesting otherwise.

There are no rumours, and no innuendoes, just the facts. The real fact is that on more than one occassion the spokesperson has made it known of his intentions and feelings with Nachi. I would also add this persvasive attitude seems to reside not only on the spoke persons shoulders but possibly at least one executive of CAHPI. As you suggest Claude and I happen to believe you then the spokesperson should stop spreading innuendo, and malfeasance. How can anyone be assured fair and equal assement by the National Certifying Committee when these ulterior attitudes and biases persist. It is evident to me that some in CAHPI feel it is their God given right to dictate and think they are superior when we know otherwise, that is simply not the case, and I thank you for helping me prove that it is in fact "unbelievable."

Cheers,
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

Raymond - the black and white written version explains in reasonable and adequate detail the bases of agreement. I fail to see where that spokesperson “mentions anything about the National Certification or excluding anyone from it.” Perhaps the info is taken out of context.

Additionally, it also seems that it was noted and made abundantly clear on many occasions (even right here on this forum) that everyone is welcome to apply. I have never seen or observed in writing or otherwise that this was only for CAHPI members. If you have proof otherwise - I will gladly retract my position. We should all know by now perfectly well that exclusion is not part of this process, and to do so would inevitably be sheer foolishness!

Why would people such as Bill M or myself be willing to waste their valuable time to plan on attending meetings with the meeting groups and prepare putting this information together to share with others? In being a part of that process - it is to assure that NACHI or any other association or members or any other independent inspector is given the same opportunity. I hope we can agree - it's simply only the ethical, fair and right thing to do.

Regards, Claude

--

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

Give me a few dates (late Sept or early Oct.) that you, Bill and whoever else could attend and I will host a LARGE meeting so that you can dispel any rumors and answer questions.

If you recall both you and Bill stated you would be prepared to come to a meeting late summer as neither of you could make the last one which was set up.

I know the reason you couldn't make it and it was legit, but there is NO reason that you both could not do this now!

Please let me know so that I can start putting this together.

I will be on vacation until the end of this month after which I will contact you to see what you and Bill have decided.

This message board is only used by a few it would be far better to get this out in the open once and for all.

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

With all due respect, just how open and inclusive is the programme when C.A.P.H.I. doesn’t even have a national web site to provide contact information? How open and inclusive is it when there is no clear path to the application process other than, apparently, to those who are members of C.A.P.H.I.? How open and inclusive is the programme when inspectors such as myself are blind sided by a list of “C.A.P.H.I. approved” inspectors that is being distributed to agents when inspectors such as myself were never given the chance to be included? ( Any bets that the inspectors on the list are all C.A.P.H.I. members?)

If C.A.P.H.I. is to live up to it's commitments to over see this process then it is high time that ALL inspectors were given the chance to be included in it. In this case appearances are everything.

--
Dominion Home Inspectors
domspec.net

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

gluck wrote:

If C.A.P.H.I. is to live up to it's commitments to over see this process then it is high time that ALL inspectors were given the chance to be included in it. In this case appearances are everything.

George,

These are just some of the reasons I have been trying for a number of months now to arrange a meeting so that we all can here EXACTLY what is going on.

It was stated at the Kingston meeting (which was close to the last meeting I believe) that Bill would avail himself to us and others at any time to keep us up to date.

This is becoming a joke, every time I ask to have a meeting I am put off.

"The documents are not ready to be released yet"

"We are just putting the final touches to the FINAL proposal"

"We should be ready to make the proper announcements shortly"

............... and the saga continues.

Emails, posts, innuendos, accusations, no need to go on!

It is HIGH TIME that after repeated requests that we (ALL inspectors) are brought up to speed.

I realize things take time however, it shouldn't be too difficult for those "in the know" to set aside some of their valuable time to bring the rest of us up to speed.

There is a lot of people who are slowly beginning to boil and it won't be pretty if they boil over!

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Thanks Robert!

I wonder when the powers at C.M.H.C. etc will see that they have created a monster? Unless C.A.P.H.I. comes clean and in a hurry I believe that all inspectors will have to storm the gates in Ottawa and demand changes at the top.

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one moving from simmer to high!
George

--
Dominion Home Inspectors
domspec.net

Robert, et al:

If I may suggest, you should leave Mr. Mullens out of the equation. He has shown repeatedly that he can't be trusted. I would again urge you to go directly to the top and speak with the President of CAHPI Mr. Mike Guihan.
There is too much animosity exhibited by Mr. Mullen in his capacity as spokesperson. This is the same person who has repeatedly stated over a period of time that some of us were derailing the National. Yet here we are with the National still on track, and progressing along. Do you see it being derailed? I think not. Why is this attitude and these animosities being carried around by a CAHPI spokesperson?

As stated in the CAHPI by-laws the mission and objectives of CAHPI are there for the entire inspection industry not just those who think they are the chosen bunch.

Cheers
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

Isn’t Mr. Mullens the one who swore up and down that he was asked to go to the Kingston Nachi meeting without reimbursement and what a good soul he was to do it. Then we find out indeed he was compensated. Then I heard that the next DUCA meeting he was asked to attend he wanted $1K to show up to provide information on the National. What is going on? Does Mr. Guihan support and endorse these activities and the lack of information flow? Sorry you need to get your information directly from the horses mouth.

The National was supposed to be unveiled July 1. It is now Aug. 17. Now it appears it will not be released until October at the National Home Inspectors Conference.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON