Cranberry Chutney

I invented this chutney and got blown away by how good it is. I had to stop tasting it as I was afraid I’d eat it all.

Every Thanksgiving I try a twist on old favorites.
This year:

Bag of cranberrys
Zest of orange (medium)
Good quality figs, 1/3 cup or 10 or so chopped figs
Diced orange (from the zested orange}
Two diced pesimmons
1/3- 1/2 cup brown sugar
One cinnamon stick
Two red Thai peppers

Slow boil for a couple of hours
Remove the cinnamon stick and peppers and toss

Happy Thanksgiving my friends :blush:

Too much sugar for me. I can’t eat it, but I’ll bet it’s good. I’m a sucker for mango chutney and cranberries too.

Aren’t those two pessimists difficult to swallow?

JK

Have a good Thanksgiving Paul!

:|__)

I use less sugar. 1/3 cup so its tart enough. The 1/2 cup is for people who like it sweeter. Like lots of recipes I think tasting while cooking is the way to go.

On another note I bought a smoker a last ago and smoked a chicken on my first attempt thinking if I screwed it up 7 bucks for a chicken isn’t a major loss. I got lucky and it turned out great. Can’t wait to try a brisket.

I bought a Masterbuilt digital electric smoker on a Black Friday special. Total cost $139.00. If I get good at this I’m looking to upgrade my equipment.

Sounds good Paul and Chuck! Happy Thanksgiving!

You too Jeffry!

Next time you fire up the smoker, throw a block of Philly Cream Cheese on there - you won’t regret it.

My wife is making the cranberry chutney also. As a kid we always had the canned cranberries, and I hated it. My wife completely turned me around with the chutney. You guys have a great Thanksgiving!

I Googled that. Yep, I’ll try it next week. I have a pork butt roast waiting for the smoker.

Only needs an hour or so

That sounds good… I need to smoke another batch of course sea salt too.

No turkey here smoking “premium” Cornish game hens.
I guess premium to be fancy & charge more $$

Ditto that!!^