Desantis screws hundreds of thousands of homeowners in Orange and Osceola Counties

I bow to the great and mighty JJ.

The article and the people interviewed all say over and over again what this might, could or may do. It will be interesting to see what “actually” happens. The nuance between possibilities and fact is an important distinction that is not made in the topic of your thread.

Politically, I find this whole ordeal an interesting case study between government and corporate activism. A similar thing happened here in GA with Major League Baseball took away the all-star game based on misinformation about a voting bill. As a MLB fan, I was astonished by the decision of MLB to do this while ignoring other voting laws in other states which are much more restrictive.

While Disney ignores China’s policy on Gay Rights, they mobilize against an American sovereign state by sending powerful money from California.

9 Likes

That’s what stood out to me as well. Lots of teeth mashing over something that "might"happen. Disney theme parks are a disaster anyway. They let way too many people in.

3 Likes

Forbes is owned by Integrated Whale Media, who is owned by China…

Owned by a Hong Kong investment company. HK and China used to be politically and culturally apart. Not so much any more.

Fish, Isaac Stone (December 14, 2017).
Chinese ownership is raising questions about the editorial independence of a major U.S. magazine
https://archive.today/20171215035245/https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/democracy-post/wp/2017/12/14/chinese-ownership-is-raising-questions-about-the-editorial-independence-of-a-major-u-s-magazine/
The Washington Post
On December 15, 2017. Retrieved November 22, 2020. When a Chinese company buys a major American magazine, does the publication censor its coverage of China? There is only one example so far, and the results are discouraging. In 2014, a Hong Kong-based investment group called Integrated Whale Media purchased a majority stake in Forbes Media, one of the United States’ best-known media companies. It’s hard to demonstrate causality in such cases. But since that purchase, there have been several instances of editorial meddling on stories involving China that raise questions about Forbes magazine’s commitment to editorial independence.

Crazy that we let Chinese companies own our media companies and farmland. We should not let somethings leave our shores.

4 Likes

I am extremely grateful for my Governor.
I received the free treatment & Covid negative in 36 hrs. :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi Marc,

Your REGENERON TREATMENT is scheduled for September 6, 2021 at 10:15 AM.

3691 Oswego Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida, FL 33409

Your appointment Case number is: CDR07473324

Please print this barcode or present it on your phone when you arrive so the staff can check you in.
Please remember to bring a picture ID.

Thank you,
CDR Maguire

For customer support questions, please contact us:

Testing and Test Result Assistance: (850) 583-2419
Vaccination Registration Assistance Main: (844) 770-8548
Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Support Line: (850) 344-9637

5 Likes

I heard it will cost disney $200 M a year in taxes that they now have to pay. Which will end up being passed on to the consumers… But thats fine with me. We cancelled everything disney a couple weeks ago.
GO WOKE, GO BROKE

10 Likes

The last time I was at Disney, I said never again. Spending 12 hours at the park to go on 4 or 5 rides is insane. I’d rather go to one of the lesser known parks, spend half the money, and go on 4X the rides.

5 Likes

Ron did a good job in FL and he did not destroy the state economically.

4 Likes

There is no State sales tax here

1 Like

Florida has no income tax. Huge plus!

2 Likes

This isn’t about Disney, Forbes magazine or even the governor of Florida. The state of Florida voted to dissolve the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Why? Because Disney insulted DeSantis’ pride.

Disney will get a $162 million tax break as a result. The counties would also have to absorb over $1 billion in bonds recently issued for improvements. And the governor scores brownie points with his political base.

The taxpayers of these two counties are the pawns in this game of corporate greed vs government overreach.

All speculation above

If you think this was about pride, you are really disconnected from any other perspectives.

6 Likes

This seems oddly suspicious in the wake of the Reedy Creek fiasco. Is Governor Desantis greasing all Floridians for a statewide tax increase? Stay tuned.

Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Largest Tax Relief Package in Florida’s History.

Are you going to desantis me next?

1 Like