Determining age of Bradford White water heaters

Originally Posted By: storkko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I think it rather arrogant of Bradford White Company to deal only with “professional plumbers”. I have explored their web site in total, I think, and can find nothing that will give away their “secret code” which may or may not be hidden in the serial number like other “less lofty” companies. icon_evil.gif I refuse to “guess” because as we know outward appearance means nothing when it comes to water heaters. But it gripes me not to be able to complete a good inspection with good solid data about whether a potential buyer should expect to replace a water heater in the near future. Does anyone know the secret of decoding the Bradford White water heater serial number or model number to determine how old the thing is? Would be helpful.

Originally Posted By: gmagee

They seem to have hidden it here: http://rightspec.bradfordwhite.com/Other/Serial%20Number%20Identification.pdf

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Yeah, life is pretty tuff when you have to click twice instead of just once to find something like that. icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Erby Crofutt

B4U Close Home Inspections

Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jstevens

Now if I come across a bradford I will know the year. Thanks for the link.