Dishwasher

** Can someone please help me try to troubleshoot: Put the dishwasher on and get waterhammer/vibration from plumbing pipes. When I turn on the water in the sink or in the laundry tub the problem stops and the dishwasher works great. Never had this before, may this be a plumbing problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.**

MARK.

Mark,

System needs some type of anti water hammer device or a diaphragm type expansion tank.
The solenoid valve on the dishwasher is very quick closing and prone to causing hammer in non elastic piping.

Here is a long drawn out informative link

http://www.builderswebsource.com/techbriefs/waterhammer.htm

Thanks again gentlemen.

MARK.

More information needed does it only do this when the water shuts of, then yes A shock absorber should do the trick.
If it is constant while the washer is filling, look for a loose washer in a shut of valve… Cookie

http://www.builderswebsource.com/tec…aterhammer.htm

*Important Payment Information!

Builders Websource
Online Price: $5.95

“By reading, downloading or printing this online tech note, you agree to pay the posted licensing fee in accordance with our payment terms and licensing agreement. To keep our prices as low as possible, please note that we DO NOT mail hardcopies. For additional information on our satisfaction guarantee including terms and conditions, please click HERE. Thank you for your patronage. Our authors are very grateful for your support of Builders Websource®.”

I can’t imagine that’s an enforceable contact as you can browse directly into the page (as for example by following the link above) without reading any terms or conditions, but FWIW, the note is there…

I read it!

Should I feel guilty if I don’t pay the $5.95?:-k

Mark,

You may not have opened the water supply valve enough after the install.

Fully open the water supply valve for the DW, then 1/4 turn back towards closed unless you have 1/4 turn valves, then this wont work.

Now try your new DW