Disturbing about grandfathering

The Loch Ness monster ate it.:wink:

Nick, it was a phone call I received and he read me the details. I asked him to hold on to it as I am going there to do a wind mit on Monday. If you look at my first post it does ask the question if this is what is being done. I hope its not.

Also Nick, my reason for my post isn’t to start a battle or to make you or this organization bad. I am a proud member. Im just am looking for the right information

I approve all outgoing mail pieces. As Nick said, we never use postcards for anything. We even refuse to use our non-profit, bulk mail permit. We send everything in an envelope with first class postage. It’s how we roll!

Post card or not, did NACHI market to this plumber nor not?

It’s a simple questions with a yes or no answer.

Michael - Preston stated he will see Monday, that he has a Wind Mit to do there Monday and he will see if the card exists. I will bet its from AAA Schools which INACHI has partnered up with to screw us.

Monday will tell

Sad but true.

Sorry, Preston. I was pissing in Russ’s van and he hit a pot hole. :smiley:

Before this thing gets too out of hand I just want to say that people like Russell help our profession & association, that doesn’t mean I always agree with him but it is good to see someone who is passionate about what is going on.

This licensing debacle that happened in Florida is driving many nuts and is something we will have to live through for at least two years, by then all the shake & bake home inspectors and ConSpectors who were as if by magic turned overnight into home inspectors will have gone back to flippin’ burgers & swingin’ a hammer.

Russ, keep flying your freak flag and blazing new paths. :smiley:

Its the only way I know how to roll…

Had proper licensing, with a proper grandfathering clause be approved, it would have been a lot easier.

Contrary to the “Wizards” statements, Jerry Peck and Jeff Hooper had a proposal where everyone who was actively in business at the time the license took effect, was grandfathered in. As it should have been.

Unfortunately, some home inspection organizations decided to turn it into a pissing match and now, any Tom, Dick, or Mike can be a home inspector, without ever performing an inspection.

Isn’t that what the “diploma mill” does?

Nope. InterNACHI doesn’t market to plumbers and doesn’t ever mail out postcards. We have 24,000 members in China that we are working on getting fully integrated into InterNACHI… and so don’t need to be sending postcards to plumbers in Florida.

Eric Van De Ven correctly reminds us:

Correct. FABI tried to make it even easier than it is now.

No, FABI tried to make it how it should have been.
As I said and it is this way in most of the country, when new licensing takes effect, those already working in the field are grandfathered in. Jerry and Jeff never tried to change that.

The question is who stands to make money off of this version of licensing?

I think we all know the answer to that one!;-):wink:

Or, do I have to list them?

As I’ve pointed out though, FABI-style insta-grandfathering permits a person to file a mere business license the day before licensing take effect, and shazam!… becomes a fully licensed home inspector the next morning.

The way the DBPR did grandfathering, requiring 120 inspection reports, is much better than FABI’s insta-license proposal.

For whom?

What is the difference if everyone who wanted to be a home inspector went out and got an occupational license, or, the way it is now. Answer: $$$$, as it always is.

Who are you claiming gets the “$$$$” in your post above?

With 24,000 you get eggroll. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is all about money. Becoming a home inspector has never taken more than saying I am a Home Inspector. The State now gets money and regulates the industry. Why are any of you busting Nicks balls. Not one of you had to do jack crap or prove anything before you starting inventorying a house and trying to write a book about it to justify your fees. Now you all want the new guys to have to play by a new set of rules so you can have an advantage over them. Life is tough and you sure aren’t going to stop the competition by making it tough for them to get a license. Before long anyone with a brain will figure out having a license does not make you qualified all it means is you are legally allowed to perform the tasks.

Here is an idea get some additional training or advertise what makes you so great and different from the next guy then maybe you will stand out. Just because you have been getting paid to do a task for a given amount of time does not mean crap. List some references from happy customers.

In your eyes, and that is NOT the only way to get into grandfathering and you know it! Why not tell the people you have partnered with AAA schools and Zoe and brag that all it takes is passing the test which cost I think $250 and YOU get a FREE year of NACHI membership!

Now this test is a "proctored’ test where the person proctoring it BRAGS that if you finish early you can help her grade papers! LMAO…you call that professional?

Now then tell them they have 3, Yes 3, chances to pass the test on that given day!

So it cheaper to TAKE the test AND get a membership into NACHI then it is just to get a membership into NACHI. So who are you marketing to? It sure as hell isn’t the current members.

You have turned your back on the the current Florida inspectors. You really should be ashamed of yourself. But if you see these threads…read them and look at them close…people are beginning to see…

Can’t wait to see you in Florida…I bet its gonna be a HOOT!

Mike, You are so right my Friend, Nick has done a lot for this Association. All I hear is everyone complaining, well you know the new guys some will make it others won’t. We all started off new at some point of our careers. Nick says it like it is and is the man I would want in my corner. Many guys are trying to take is spot light away from him well the only thing I can say is good luck the man worked for what he has put together and did a fine job. Nick’s accomplishments are outstanding in this profession. Mike I’m 60 years old and still study the trades just received a Diploma in Professional Landscaper and working on a degree in Engineering. You need to keep on trucking if you want to be good at what you do.

Mike always a pleasure to talk to you will be talking soon some things in the fire at the moment.