Does anyone here charge 1000 dollars or more per inspection?

None of it will matter if you do not know how to inspect. Go take 5 pictures of your water heater, post them and write a defect narrative. It will be much more productive. To be successful in this business, you have to have a sincere interest in the work product.

5 Likes

Yes, as Mr. Larin indicated, I am inspecting in or around the same municipality in Quebec Canada, luxury homes, estates and commercial property exceed $1,000.00 in most situations. Most times my commercial inspections start over $1,000.00. New Home Phase inspections. ><$1,000.00. Long at tedious.
Click on the link below.
InterNACHI home inspection calculator.

1 Like

2.5 story home. 2.5 bathrooms. 3 bedrooms.
$650.00 Canadian plus applicable taxes.

Canada charges sales tax on inspection services?

Does this apply to anyone in the states?

1 Like

I just charged $1,000.00 for home inspection 2 weeks ago. Around 1100 sq ft home that was a storey and half. Home was in Niagara Falls and it was 4 hour round trip travel time. I found them a local inspector but they wanted me and were willing to pay. In hind sight I wouldn’t do it again for that price.

2 Likes

What are you thinking that we do…during an inspection…lounging around on the back porch looking out over the ocean?..If the house is twice the size of a normal house then you charge twice as much…cause it’ll take you twice as long…how much would you charge for a 1.7 million dollar home? Those big houses sometimes have two or three kitchens!

How big is a “normal” sized house?

Google is your friend if you know how to use it…

“The median size of a completed single-family house was 2,273 square feet.”
Jun 1, 2022

1 Like

You want to get into home inspections and you’re asking questions like this. GrubHub‘s looking a little more your speed buddy.

3 Likes

$1,000 inspection right there! :grin:

2 Likes

cart

3 Likes

Hey Brian is your inspection with or without ancillary services?

6 Likes

I try to avoid extra work. :sleeping_bed: :zzz:

2 Likes

Nice! That’s roughly 50 cents per square foot.

On larger luxury homes, all the time.

I dropped the Buy Back a while ago. My business went up.

1 Like
3 Likes

That’s very interesting. Why do you think that is?

I think you meant to say .01%…
1% on $500k is $5k.

1 Like

I don’t think the program adds as much value as you think. There are some caveats that make it not such a great deal for the client. Maybe better than living in a home you despise, but the client will still lose a lot of money on the transactions.

3 Likes