Drain line height

Besides this trap being too deep, is there a problem with the fact that the drain line is BARELY lower than the drain? Any other issues here?

Thanks in advance.

P6130067.JPG

It will probably make for some very slow draining sometimes, especially if one fills up the sink for any reason, and if other water-using components nearby are also in use.

Improper installation of trap. Simply defer to a Plumber.

While I understand that it is not the HI’s job to recommend the solution, I would be interested in knowing what the ‘experts’ would do to correct this issue.

While it’s not pretty, what do you see as the problem?

It may be near 4" from the weir to the upper dip.

It was 5" deep, so I called it out for that. I just wasn’t sure there were any other issues. It seemed to drain fine.

Thanks for the replies!

Common sense…look where the water will finally leave the waste pipe.

It starts draining at a height above the strainer in the basin. There will be water standing at the drain strainer area at all times.

I could see that as well but I couldn’t find a code reference for maximum trap seal depth.

I would write it up as well as at least questionable but would like to have a better reason.

That’s why I said, “It will probably make for some very slow draining sometimes, especially if one fills up the sink for any reason, and if other water-using components nearby are also in use.”

I agree RR except for the other fixtures in use part, that is.:wink:

It’s already going to be slow, but if other water-using fixtures “nearby” are also in use, it’s going to be even slower since the pipes will already be full of water from those other “nearby” fixtures.

It’s called “funcational drainage.” I do it at all my inspections. I get the dishwasher running, sinks draining, showers draining, bathtubs draining, and toilets flushing to see if I can get water to back up anywhere. It most often happens when things are congregated in the same area, such as a three bathroom house where all three bathrooms are separated only by a wall. Such a test comes in handy during times when the home might be packed with people, such as a same-sex wedding when lots of people come in from out of town, or a major sporting event, etc., and all the water-using systems are being used at the same time.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Peace, love and happiness RR. :smiley:

No prosperity? No health? :frowning:

Well, to you I say, “Best wishes for health, happiness, peace, and prosperity.” You’re on your own for love. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gots to go out to Julian for today’s inspections.